Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OPUS 250w and Computer Power QUESTION/HELP!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPUS 250w and Computer Power QUESTION/HELP!!

Hey guys.. i have a DFI G5M150-N ITX motherboard and an OPUS 250W DC-DC PSU ..

Ok so here it goes, I turn my car on and everything boots up fine.. windows load and everything is just PEACHY!! Here is the PROBLEM, when i turn the car off and turn the the computer off via "Windows -> Start -> SHUTDOWN" the Computer shuts down as it would. But when i turn the car back on, the Fan turns on the MOBO lights come on, the Screen comes on, but no information is displayed, and i have checked its not a MONITOR issue either, basically nothing comes up, NOTHING!!! Now in order to fix this problem, I would have to disconnect the GROUND cable from the OPUS with car off for about 1 minute, and then reconnect the cable and then turn the CAR on, and everything works fine again..

I have contacted OPUS they said to check my bios settings, but I have done so and everything looks fine ???

What thing I have notice is that, when i shut the car off and just wait until the OPUS turns off the PC itself, on the next car start the computer boots up FINE, its just when I manually shut down the computer through windows when car is off, is when the NEXT car start up i get no BOOT!!

ANY HELP, or SUGGESTIONS ???

ok so .. update problem has to do with monitor power.. err.. as of right now i have it hooked up to the OPUS aux/regulated power.. and its just not working..

Comment

Originally posted by CoupeE46 View Post
      ok so .. update problem has to do with monitor power.. err.. as of right now i have it hooked up to the OPUS aux/regulated power.. and its just not working..
      Try not using Opus regulated line. That line gave me so much trouble that i quit using it.

Comment

Originally posted by T_Blaze View Post
        Try not using Opus regulated line. That line gave me so much trouble that i quit using it.
        ya.. i stopped as well, i found out those lines are only to be used to trigger a hardware and not used to power any of the misc. instead i used the orange lead from the input end..

I am going to write a OPUS walk-through actually this wknd, to help ease some of the complication a lot of people are going through when using an OPUS.. i know i did, so hopefully this will help people ..

Comment

Working...
        X