Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Windows to boot without a mouse....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Windows to boot without a mouse....

Anyone here know how to get windows to boot without a mouse?
    "Trying is the first step to failure"
    - Homer Simpson

Depends on the motherboard, but if the BIOS doesn't stop on errors, and ps2 mouse is not enabled it should boot up.

I have booted my computer up a few times without a mouse. Sometimes you get a message.

------------------
    http://www.geocities.com/mr_bubba_zanetti/
    current projects

Comment

the problem is with windows, it says mouse not detected on bootup and will halt.
      - Homer Simpson

Comment

Geta $5 mouse and leave it plugged in the PC...

I've seen this error message, but I thought it had the "don't display this message again" checkbox on the bottom. Just check that box and hit okay. I've never heard of Windows halting becasue of no mouse....

Comment

I had the same problem on my box St8ke. All you have to do is hit shift and go the box that says never ask this question again. And then once on the button click enter or spacebar to check it. Then shift again and start boot up without a mouse. Easy as that

Comment

I'm usually pretty good at batch and sys files, but I'm having a brain fart at the moment. And this isn't something I've had to use for quite a while. Isn't there a line you can pop in your config or autoexec that simply states "nomouse"? This rings a bell.
            It can't hurt to simply try that.

~m

------------------
            Using Napster, Imesh, Scour Gnutella and Freenet to load up my MP3-ized WebSurferPro... in my '96 Civic, of course :}
            BC ROCKS!!!
            PII 266, 512 MB RAM, 10 Gig, 36x CD-ROM, 16x DVD, DeLorme GPS, 5.6" LCD Screen, Dschmidt power controller, Keypower ATX DC-DC Supply, PowerAmp Macro controller, Dauphin mini-Kbd.
            Sony Head Unit, Sony Unilink input selector, rear deck Kenwood 6x9's, stock door spkrs... All in my '96 Civic, of course :}
            BC ROCKS!!!

Comment

It will give you a message saying there is no mouse attached and that you should plug one in now etc etc.. but there is a check mark on it asking if you want to see this again, just tab to it and uncheck it.. thats what I did at least.
              MP3 Cavalier - http://www.mp3cavalier.com
              MP3 Grand Prix - http://www.mp3gp.com

Comment

Thanks guys!!
                - Homer Simpson

Comment

Dos4Who >> I guess you are thinking about the WINNT boot.ini /noserialmouse option?

Doesn't work in Win9x.

// Markus

Comment

Working...
                  X