Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new products would you like to see on the mp3car store?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What new products would you like to see on the mp3car store?

We are looking to offer many new products to the MP3CAR store. Let us know what you would like to see us carry.

Who makes the product?

What does the product do?

How will this help others enjoy the car PC hobby?

Well with Software why not try to strike a deal with iGuidance people or since you already have Microsoft products, then why not sell standalone Streets and Trips or Mappoint. In my opinion the software section is seriously lacking.

Maybe some 1.8" harddrives (like what is found in ipods) with mating adapters. Good for those times when there is no room for a full HD. COuld be an option to those who dont know that are thinking to go the CF Card route. Speaking of which maybe a CF Card and IDE adapter combo.

Those lilliput replacement cables like armen has, lots of people look for those along with replacement TS overlays.

More will come to me later.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

a Z4 2-DIN dash bazel. if there is one out there.

Comment

Lilliput project housing like the one from digtalww

Comment

First and foremost, I would like to see further development of the HQCT and rotary encoder. Otherwise:

-DSATX
          -C2D boards
          -More cases (my ideal is something modular)
          -Quality LCD's like NEC, Boe Hydis, Eizo
          -Heavily shielded audio cables
          -Fabrication Supplies: ABS stock, Dynatron, Rennshape foam, etc.

Comment

Maybe it is an idea to sell the heavily discussed silabs USB FM radio (http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/hard...n-sofware.html)

And maybe it is an idea to set up an extra distribution point in Europe.
            If i would like to ship some items now it costs a fortune and with a distribution point you can transport larger quantities which reduces the overall shipping price (about 8% extra without tracking and 15% extra with tracking)

Comment

Originally posted by mnielsm View Post
              Maybe it is an idea to sell the heavily discussed silabs USB FM radio (http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/hard...n-sofware.html)

And maybe it is an idea to set up an extra distribution point in Europe.
              If i would like to ship some items now it costs a fortune and with a distribution point you can transport larger quantities which reduces the overall shipping price (about 8% extra without tracking and 15% extra with tracking)

silabs would be money.. i'd order one the day u stocked it.
              mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
              Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
              Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Some other input devices for controlling

USB Gamepad
                PS/2 Keyboard Controller

Silabs Radio tuner

Common Cables and accessories
                System always under construction

Comment

Lilliput project housing like the one from digtalww
                  Already have https://store.mp3car.com/ProductDeta...Code=DSH%2D012

Comment

Originally posted by lokht View Post
                    a Z4 2-DIN dash bazel. if there is one out there.
                    If Metra makes one we can cary it.
                    Jan Bennett
                    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by Booger View Post
                      First and foremost, I would like to see further development of the HQCT and rotary encoder.
                      The HQCT is not something that MP3Car.com developed. If you would like to see further developement of this product, you need to contact the developer. We are just a reseller.

The rotary encoder is already being worked on.

-DSATX
                      This has been carried on the store for some time now.

-C2D boards
                      While there are just now starting to be more manufacturers of these boards out there, we're not sure which ones are reliable at this time. This is something we are working on as well.

-More cases (my ideal is something modular)
                      Is there a particular CarPC case you have in mind that meets your needs?

-Quality LCD's like NEC, Boe Hydis, Eizo
                      If these companies make smaller, VGA touch screens, then we might be able to consider it. Do you have any links?

-Heavily shielded audio cables
                      We are working on the Tsunami and Raptor products currently.
                      Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
                        Is there a particular CarPC case you have in mind that meets your needs?

I think a small ITX case that allows for a PCI card with the riser would be beneficial to some. I know there was one out there. I can't remember the mfg.

Comment

There are two on the store here.

Opus (which I'm running - allows for 2 PCI cards) and the Travla (allows for 1 PCI card).
                          Jan Bennett

Comment

There has been a lot of talk about this new wireless keyboard. I've read that EB games and bestbuy sell it, but people outside of the US are having problems getting their hands on it.

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
                              There are two on the store here.

Opus (which I'm running - allows for 2 PCI cards) and the Travla (allows for 1 PCI card).

I guess I should have been more specific. I found one a while back that allowed for one PCI card, but no CD/DVD drive. It made it substanitally smaller than the ones in the store. Just thought that it might be more useful for those who wanted a smaller case and they plan on mounting the drive in the front of the vehicle.

EDIT: Found it- Pack-box (P-Box)

Downside is that there is not enough cooling or venting IMO and you would have to fabricate a way to fit a M1/m2/OPUS into it. I guess maybe it wouldn't be useful for the fabrication challenged.

Comment

Working...
                              X