HQCT or Radioshark-2 ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HQCT or Radioshark-2 ?

Using a laptop and will probably be leaving the docking station in the trunk when removing the actual laptop for lets say upgrade/reconfigurations etc.

I will probably get the roadie for usb soundcard but what do You people recommend for my final problem - Radio

HQCT or perhaps Radioshark-2 ? I will be connecting the one I choose to the car external antenna.

Oppinions please; Ease of use, etcetera....

Black SolarCell Portable Bluetooth Gps reciever for sale, Contact me!
    BMW E46 320 Touring project thread, making the perfect multimedia car ;)
    BMW E46 WORKLOG

RadioShark 1 is really easy to use, have some reception problems, but not that big in my country, RadioShark 2 doesn't work with RR radioshark 1 is completely complatible.
    Design [000000000-]90%
    Parts [000-------]30%
    Installation[----------]0%
    Integration[000-------]30%

Comment

When I read this link It seems there is some kind of solution to radioshark 2

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-p...chscreens.html
      BMW E46 WORKLOG

Comment

Try the silab usb radio. HTQC if you want am/fm. But as of right now the silab is said to be the best.

Comment

Originally posted by tn6478 View Post
          Try the silab usb radio. HTQC if you want am/fm. But as of right now the silab is said to be the best.
          I want as good reception as I have with my factory headunit of course

Im only going to use FM so AM doesnt bother me. Silab looks kind of cheap and does it require soldering to make the factory plug to fit into the back of it?

The HQCT seems (from datalex.be homepage) to be in a 3rd version, a external unit with amplifier. They have easily adapted cables to connect to the cars antenna cable. This one should beat the small silabs dongle according to the bragging on their homepage..................... or?
          BMW E46 WORKLOG

Comment

radio

dice electronics.. why not get HD???

Comment

HQCT wins hands down. And you support a fellow member.

And HD radio is not for the carpc yet. The only one is the one the SD team is developing, but no words on whether it will be tied to SD.
              Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
              1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
              30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
              Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
              X