G4 turning on issue ?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G4 turning on issue ?!

Ok i got my G4, hooked it all in to the car etc.

It lights the buttons when ignitions goes on, the motorised screen moves, the buttons beep etc when i touch them but i get no picture... am i missing something.

i can also here the fan for the G4 so i guess its on.

any ideas?

Originally posted by mordz View Post
    Ok i got my G4, hooked it all in to the car etc. ...but i get no picture
    Earlier you wrote:
    i bought wat i thought is bare bones g4, installed my disk
    Sorry for possibly stupid question, but have you installed any software on your disk, like Windows? Did you check that it works ok before you put it into your car?

Comment

Valid questions Marassa.

I guessed id install windows on the HDD once its in the car... since i have no 12v power supply... i did this with my old carputer fine (Vroom2) does the G4 Work differently?

Comment

does the G4 Work differently?
        This I know not, I've got mine with Windows/InfillStation preinstalled by the dealer. When I turn it on (by touching the sensor on/off button), before loading windows it only shows some version number (BIOS, I guess?) in small print, then goes straight to loading Windows.

Comment

yeh just like a normal PC, i bought mine bare bones and got a hdd and cdrom seperate (they dint offer a preinstall service)

it powers on fine, i just dont see a single thing on the screen. ie bios - none system disk etc etc.

can anyone help

Comment

hmm i contacted the vendor and they told me that it doesnt ship with any ram dispite what it says on the sticker. nor will me installing the ram invalidate the warrenty... so they say.

perhaps thats why i get no picture?!? lol

Comment

nor will me installing the ram invalidate the warrenty... so they say.
              Different resellers in different countries have different policies/warranties. MP3Car in the US sell completely equipped G4s and don't like end-users tampering with them. Others (like cartft in Germany) sell barebone units and let users install drives/RAM themselves.

perhaps thats why i get no picture?!? lol
              You bet!

Comment

Thread moved.

The MP3Car.com G4 forum is for the MP3Car.com G4 specifically.

Since you purchased your unit fom another reseller, I have moved your thread.

We cannot provide support on units purchased outside of MP3Car.com.
                Jan Bennett
                FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Working...
                X