Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS RH2 Ultra Mobile PC

Hi there,

I was looking at purchasing the ASUS RH2 device as a dashmounted Car PC. Has anyone looked at these units before? I would be grateful for your opinion.

One big downside is that it is only a 7" unit, I would prefer an 8" unit. Does anyone know of any similiar alternatives?

Thanks for your help,

Kiwiuser.

The Fujistu P1000 series have 8" touch screens. Not a tablet, but can fold into one on the newer models: http://store.shopfujitsu.com/fpc/Eco...T.svl=ntsP1610

Comment

I have one and I just got a custom bracket made for my Nissan Altima. I like it although it would be nicer if it boots faster. But I've been using hibernation mode exclusively and it works 100%. Still looking for an USB 2.0 powered hub to complete the installation. Have a few extra gadgets would like to hoook them up.

The touchscreen is very sensitive so light touch is all you need. A few problems though, it seems the wireless doesn't work very well although people have reported working much better in Vista. It takes forever to find and lock to a WiFi network. The GPS isn't that great either. But I got by using an external USB GPS.

Not as happy as I'd like it, but it fits nicely in my car with minimal mods.

Comment

Working...
      X