Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound problems on engine start / windows boot

Hi Guys,

I switched over to a USB soundblaster to get shut of all the interferance i had from the onboard, i must say it works a treat.

However i get alternator noise and the hiss noise untill windows has booted and i guess loaded the drivers - as soon as it does there is a pop from the speakers as the sound card is initialised and then no noise just silence then upon playing radio or music just fantastic audio.

is there anything i can do to get shut of this. all i can think to do is put a manual switch in for my amp and turn it on once windows has booted.

Thanks

Originally posted by mordz View Post
    Hi Guys,

I switched over to a USB soundblaster to get shut of all the interferance i had from the onboard, i must say it works a treat.

However i get alternator noise and the hiss noise untill windows has booted and i guess loaded the drivers - as soon as it does there is a pop from the speakers as the sound card is initialised and then no noise just silence then upon playing radio or music just fantastic audio.

is there anything i can do to get shut of this. all i can think to do is put a manual switch in for my amp and turn it on once windows has booted.

Thanks
    Alternator noise: Seperate power and audio cables! Use good shielded audio cables!

Hiss noise: I really don't think you can get rid of this, except with your mentioned switch... the only method I know to eliminate it in general, is to go by spdif to a good D/A converter.

Comment

ah thanks dude, SPdif may be a good idea,

the standard RCA's im using came free with the sound blaster, you know the type - rubbish black ones.

strange how it does it till windows is running to

Comment

Working...
      X