No announcement yet.

Extigy vs. USB Competition

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extigy vs. USB Competition

I was wondering if anyone could compare/contrast the extigy with the other usb soundcards. I currently use a Xitel AN-1 and i am happy with it, but i feel it doesnt reproduce bass well. when i listen to the same song from cd (made with the same mp3) the bass is soo much clearer and seems to fall down to about 15Hz or below. the AN-1 does not have bass like that. what i mean is that in some songs from cd the bass has a "wiggle" if you will when it drops really low. you cant hear it but you can feel a slight wiggle... i'll call it that. the AN-1 does have good bass but none of the wiggle stuff... just bassy bass... no high quality bass. I am looking for a soundcard that will reproduce bass as it should be

I have both an Extigy and a Sonic USB.

Extigy sounds better, though I've been having problems with it that I think stem from not getting enough juice to my PC.
    99 C5 vert - not stock - now with no PC :-(
    Click here to see a Video of my car

not knowing anything about your setup and mp3 ripping methods, I would still guess, based on my own experiences, that whats holding you back is the mp3 format & encoder that you used to rip your songs.

There is a lot of variables involved, but mp3s encoders dont do well with low base notes.

I've downloaded rap songs @ 128k bit rate that sound like crap.

actually its quite the can recreate good bass witha 24kbit mp3 the treble is whats lacking... but these are 256kbit mp3s made with lame so... that rules that out

Have extigy...

I have the sounds great! BUT, its HUGE! The thing is about 8'x6x2 inches. Its bigger than my actual pc! Anyways, quality wise, I dont think you can get much better. I however am looking for something smaller and BUS powered.

ohh...I got mine on for $84 shipped!

I'm a me if you have any questions on my old setup

My way outdated website:

FYI: I sold my 96 4Runner and bought a 1985