Epia MII 12000 board dead?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epia MII 12000 board dead?

I've had this board for over two years now, never made it into my car. Last time I checked it was working was September 2006 using the AC/DC power supply.
    Finally got to installing it in my car this week and it does not boot. I've checked the wiring, all is as it should be. Hooked the mobo back up to AC/DC supply and nothing happens, just a momentary twitch of the CPU and case fans and the power LED lights but no other signs of life.
    Is my board dead?

Progress 40% - all the kit, not enough time to install it!

OK, somehow I've manage to get the thing to boot up to BIOS. Just won't progress past BIOS, guess I need to reinstall Windows!

Progress 40% - all the kit, not enough time to install it!

Comment

Check your bios settings. something may be amiss there.
      Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Presumably you're using an OPUS PSU,

If the bios boots up, but doesn't go further, clearly you need to troubleshoot that part further, but....

An insideous problem I've found when taking the system out of my car and returning it is: For some reason, if the polarity of the automatic power switch (from the PSU) is reversed, the PSU never sends a power-up signal, but if you manually "push the power button" it will turn on. This may not be your problem, but it's one of those gotcha's to put in your "bag of tricks."

Good luck.
        '03 Escape 4WD:
        -iTox mini-itx mobo, Core 2 Duo Mobile 1.66Ghz; 2GB, 80GB 2.5" HD, DS-ATX
        -Transflective 8.4"
        -XM, iG4, OBD-II (BR-3)
        -Rearview camera with auto-switching (modified cheesbox)
        -Slim Slot DVD+RW
        -RR, DFX 4

Comment

Working...
        X