/me joins the very stupid things group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /me joins the very stupid things group

i also switched plus and minus, but on my psu, and when it didnt boot, i thought that it was the remote, so i connected a wire between remote and plus, but it was between remote and minus, so the fuse went. now it wont boot... the lcd lights up fine, a led on the motherboard is on and the harddrive spins up when i turn the power on, but no beeps from the mobo, and nothing on the screen, did i break more than the mobo???

the psu is a sproggy 2.6, the pc a compaq 4000s.

a friend will sell another deskpro and a supernintendo for $30 +shipping but i want to be sure first...
    -
    My cars
    -

welcome to the club jol. our next meeting is friday, there will be cookies and juice.

sounds like you did something to the mobo. dont take myword for it though, i would have to take a look at the system myself.
    90% Done
    60W DC-DC & shutdown controller
    Via C3 800, 512mb Ram, HDD 75GB IBM Deskstar, 5.6" In dash Dcustoms LCD w/ 3m USB Touch setup
    Rockfors 400s 400W amp,2x 10" Rockford Subs, Sony CDX M730 Head unit
    All in a shiny White 2000 V6 Mustang
    Click here to visit my NEW PhotoAlbum

Comment

"Tastes Like Burning" - Ralph Wiggim

You guys have convinced me that when ever I get my dc-dc psu I will spend the extra $5 to hook up a dummy proof quick disconnect.

Did it smell funny when when you did that GuRuGoD?

best of luck

Comment

yes, yes it did..
        90% Done
        60W DC-DC & shutdown controller
        Via C3 800, 512mb Ram, HDD 75GB IBM Deskstar, 5.6" In dash Dcustoms LCD w/ 3m USB Touch setup
        Rockfors 400s 400W amp,2x 10" Rockford Subs, Sony CDX M730 Head unit
        All in a shiny White 2000 V6 Mustang
        Click here to visit my NEW PhotoAlbum

Comment

Gotta' hate when electronics smell funny.

Not quite like the new car smell...

-Mario

Comment

I used a fuse, thats why nothing would break if it happened <- first thought

")()?="#(")#(<- second i had yesterday

???<- now...

I tried the pc with the regular psu, booted with no probs, started a song and started pumpin'

started up the sproggy psu, this was the voltages i got:
            5,0 <- delayed start

so, nothing wrong, but it didnt boot anyways?

its bedtime now but i'll put it in the car again and try tomorrow...
            -
            My cars
            -

Comment

Life Time Member here.......

I feel your pain jol.....

Comment

I did something similar last friday...That wonderfull burning smell filled my car as 3 wires melted in my hands OUCH! Thank god I have everything rigged through my ACC ingniton switch. Switched that puppy off fast before any real damage. As a result though, I went back to the inverter...That good ole trusty inverter Its yet to fail me!

PoBoy
                I'm a ghost...email me if you have any questions on my old setup

My way outdated website: http://www.poboytech.net

FYI: I sold my 96 4Runner and bought a 1985

Comment

WOHOOOO

dunno what was wrong but its working now!!!!

now i only have two problems left: the lcd's blocks show up, and when i bot into windows, the lcd clears, but no text, will look up on that

the right side of the output is dead, thats beacuse i went the cheap way and tried to make a ip-bus replacement, didnt work, ill throw in the extra cost of $30 into this project just for fun!
                  -
                  My cars
                  -

Comment

Working...
                  X