VIA EPIA C3 800 w/ AIW Radeon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIA EPIA C3 800 w/ AIW Radeon

Will a VIA EPIA C3 800 motherboard w/ an ATI All In Wonder Radeon PCI card play DVDs back with no skipping? Has anyone tested this setup or currently have this setup?

Any insight would be great?
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

its been confirmed that the onboard video of the Eden platform does not skip on the 800hmz c3.

Therefore...

Comment

Originally posted by mxxxxxm
      its been confirmed that the onboard video of the Eden platform does not skip on the 800hmz c3.

Therefore...
      I have read both on different web sites claiming that DVDs play with no problems but some claim during scenes with a lot of action there are droped frames.

And I think the confirmation you are talking about is with DIVX video not video from a DVD.

EDIT:

OK OK...DVD has been confirmed. One more Kitten bites the dust...
      Aura MR62 (F and R)
      My Current MP3s
      IamDefiler.com

Comment

I think I'm going to write up an EPIA faq this weekend.

The AIW may help out with something like PSX emulation though. That's not a promise

I spent a couple days trying to get a psx emu that worked on my board and I got really close, but never 100% successful.
        aka Kumaneko
        "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
        Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
        mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
        Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

divx/svcd

i am using a via C3 800 board right now, to type this (till my case and lcd screen arrive) i have been playing high quality dvd->divx rips no problem whatsoever, and also have had no problems playing Svcds on here. http://www.blissuk.net/mut <-- benchtesting the board

oh well, just thourght id throw in my 2 pence.

Comment

Working...
          X