Car Radio Antenna Adaptors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Radio Antenna Adaptors

Has anybody run across info on a place to learn about and/or get adapters for connecting the car antenna wire to something like a USB FM / TV tuner antenna jack (which is basically a cable TV wire connection)....

Any ideas.... Thanks in advance

Radio Shack used to have adapters that would convert the Motorola connector to a standard "F" connector.
    KG6OQD
    www.americansandassociation.org

Comment

I may be wrong, but I think it was a FM/TV splitter.

Can't remember the part # off hand, but will get it for youy if you can't find it...

-Mario

Comment

I made my own. Rat shack has the connectors to adapt the standard size antenna to the mini plugs that GM uses, so I just cut that up, opened up a coaxial cable and wired it up. Solder and tape and all ready to go in about 10 minutes. Works great. You can make it any length you want.
        [email protected] 1997 Blazer Dashpc Style!
        VIA EPIA-M 9000 Hauppauge WinTv (FM tuner), 256 MB, 40 GB HD

Running Linux: Slackware 10.0, xmms, mplayer and Roadmap gps

Comment

Originally posted by ricko73
          I made my own. Rat shack has the connectors to adapt the standard size antenna to the mini plugs that GM uses, so I just cut that up, opened up a coaxial cable and wired it up. Solder and tape and all ready to go in about 10 minutes. Works great. You can make it any length you want.
          How do you actually wire something like this? You wire the middle wire to the center piece of the RCA connector and the wire that wraps around it to the outside of the RCA connector???
          OrangeWhip? OrangeWhip? 3 OrangeWhips!!
          www.whipflash.com
          Finally a new Avatar!

Comment

I am gonna need one of these too, but BMW's new ones are different than everyone's :-/ I'm going to have to buy a BMW -> motorola then motorola -> F
            MY CAR IS FOR SALE!
            See My Project Page for Details - 2003 BMW E46 ///M3
            Custom Dash Monitor Housing - OEM Fitment
            Custom Overhead DVD-ROM Housing in Headliner
            BMW I-Bus Integration
            My homepage with many other fun projects!

Comment

i bought an antenna extension cable and cut it in half. the cable is standard coax cable so you can add any end you need. i added a standard twist on coax end (tv type) and it worked ok.
              "if everything is under control, you're not going fast enough!"

Comment

Originally posted by gork
                I am gonna need one of these too, but BMW's new ones are different than everyone's :-/ I'm going to have to buy a BMW -> motorola then motorola -> F
                I got the adapters for my VW at crutchfield they have a great selection

Comment

What happens if you have a dual diversity antenna?

I have a dual diversity antenna in my maxima and i use an adapter for my Kenwood MP3 deck, and the reception is crap, i was thinking maybe i could split it so taht one goes to FM one goes to TV..

ED
                  2k3 Max SE 6spd
                  Temp setup:
                  7" indash screen/Xbox running XBMC
                  Carputer coming soon
                  My 2003 Maxima

Comment

Working...
                  X