Intel MINI-ITX board - D201GLYL & D201GLY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel MINI-ITX board - D201GLYL & D201GLY

I ran a couple searches and didn't see anything on this... if this does turn out to be a repost... sorry.

Intel BLKD201GLYL
    http://www.intel.com/products/mother...1GLY/index.htm
    http://store.mp3car.com/Intel_D201GL..._p/mtb-053.htm $69.95
    http://www.logicsupply.com/products/d201gly $79.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813121317 $89.99

Looks like a good bang for the buck...

Like the reviewer on Newegg, why did Intel use a SiS chipset? Why not their own? If they stuck in something like the Intel 855GME, you can get 800x480 out of it easily. The 40pin IDE sucks. Why not 44pin option for a notebook drive? Now you gotta use an adapter for 44pin, which is just more cost and hassle. The DDR2 is nice. The 6 USB2 is nice.
    Gen 1: Pentium 3 1GHz - ATX - 2005
    Gen 2: Pentium M 1.6GHz - ITX - 2006
    Gen 3: Pentium M 2.0GHz - 5.25" SBC - 2007
    Gen 4: (coming soon: Core2 Duo - 3.5" SBC - 2009)
    ...it never ends

Comment

For $90, it is a great deal. Who cares if it has the SiS chipset, this thing takes Core2Duos! At this price-point it is a steal.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

For a car pc, it seems pretty good to me.

What is the processor speed of that Celeron? Anyone know?

Comment

looks like Intel are confused as they list it as micro ATX but its mini ITX

@ 2k1 how do you work out the core 2 duo part, its embedded chip and nobody mentions socket 775?

Forget 44 pin IDE it should have SATA
          Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

Originally posted by v8 scimitar View Post
            looks like Intel are confused as they list it as micro ATX but its mini ITX

@ 2k1 how do you work out the core 2 duo part, its embedded chip and nobody mentions socket 775?

Forget 44 pin IDE it should have SATA
            Bundle CPU
            With Cooler Integrated Intel Celeron 215 processor with a 533 MHz system bus
            Supported CPU
            CPU Socket Type Socket T (LGA 775)
            CPU Type Core 2 Duo/Pentium D/Pentium 4/Celeron D
            Supported CPU Technologies Hyper-Threading Technology

It seems as if it is not embedded. It is just bundled. That is from Newegg's specifications. They have been known to screw up before though, so who knows.

And I prefer good ol' IDE anyday over SATA. In the car, an IDE connector is much more sturdy, and with OS's less than Vista, SATA drivers are a pain in the @$$.

EDIT: Stupid forum edited a s s
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

Celeron 215 is a 1.33GHz proc on 479 form. I don't know where the LGA775 comes from.

Edit:

Ouch. Reading the "Product Guide" pdf linked from the logicsupply link above, Intel says there's no support for S3. Sucks. Also, it says: "Desktop Board D201GLY includes an Intel Celeron processor. The processor is soldered to the Desktop Board and is not customer upgradeable."
              Gen 1: Pentium 3 1GHz - ATX - 2005
              Gen 2: Pentium M 1.6GHz - ITX - 2006
              Gen 3: Pentium M 2.0GHz - 5.25" SBC - 2007
              Gen 4: (coming soon: Core2 Duo - 3.5" SBC - 2009)
              ...it never ends

Comment

IS this think faster then a jetway 2.0 or a MII12000???

Comment

Originally posted by psyrex View Post
                  Celeron 215 is a 1.33GHz proc on 479 form. I don't know where the LGA775 comes from.

Edit:

Ouch. Reading the "Product Guide" pdf linked from the logicsupply link above, Intel says there's no support for S3. Sucks. Also, it says: "Desktop Board D201GLY includes an Intel Celeron processor. The processor is soldered to the Desktop Board and is not customer upgradeable."
                  Well that does suck big time on both counts.

NewEgg screws up again...

I remeber the original site, with the excellent product descriptions and personal emails after an order. NewEgg has gone to pits recently.

Comment

Originally posted by tn6478 View Post
                    IS this think faster then a jetway 2.0 or a MII12000???
                    Yes a Celeron 1.3 will beat a Via 1.2 anyday anytime.

Comment

Which is why it may not be the perfect "dream board"... but it's got great bang for the buck. Costs much less than any of the new C7 based boards and better performance.

Comment

Personally no S3, means no sale to me. Especially for a htpc or carpc.

Comment

we are goign to get a few samples of this, write a review, and if all looks good start stocking this on the store. now we have to find some cool uatx cases....

Comment

If the mounting holes are the same... the specs from Intel are the same dimensions as MINI-ITX... 171.45mm x 171.45mm... 17cm x 17cm.

Mechanical
                            Board Style
                            • Mini-ITX, compatible with MicroATX board size
                            • 6.75” x 6.75” (17.145 cm x 17.145 cm)
                            This is kinda interesting...

Intel® Rapid BIOS Boot
                            • Optimized POST for fast access to PC
                            from power-on
                            From http://download.intel.com/products/m...201GLY/tps.pdf ...
                            G1 – sleeping state
                            S4 – Suspend to disk. Context saved to disk.
                            No power
                            D3 – no power except for wake-up logic.
                            Power < 5 W (Note 2)
                            What's wrong with this state (ref. S3 comment)??

If you guys can offer the board at a price competitive with NewEgg and LogicSupply...

Comment

from newegg:
                              Pros:
                              Good quality. Nice processor for being embedded. Awesome price for it being an ITX board.

Intel:
                              With an Intel® Celeron® processor and graphics integrated on the board, this board enables easy system integration and helps you to achieve a lower system cost.

Like you say though who knows as Intel cant even get the form factor right.

SATA any day for me its much faster and I have never had a problem with it in XP SP2. Also allows for far more efficient air flow for cooling especially in small cases like we use in cars. The other bonus is it doesn't matter if its 3.5" or 2.5" SATA is SATA although I have no idea if the performance benefit is still there with 2.5". At the end of the day it all comes down to personal preference though.

Edit:... just read the other replies so my quotes are useless now lol oh well.
                              Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

Working...
                              X