xm and sirius

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xm and sirius

I got a trunk install I would like to get the xm from mp3car.com but I'm not sure about if when u gonna make the installation everithyng have to be installed on the trunk of the car including de xm reciever that I'm planning to get from bestb..

I'm still not sure if go for xm or sirius don't know what are the diference between them or witch one will be the better for my roadruner. I'm not running headunit on my install just 2amps 1mono 1 4channel.

IF ANYONE CAN POST A INSTALLATION PIC WILL BE GREAT

THANKS
    One of the best way to learn is making mistakes, But much better when you learn from someone else mistakes

Er..yes.

You might want to try going to the sites for XM and Sirius and looking at their programming first, maybe to see if there's anything you want to listen to, first..

Comment

personally i like sirius better, some better playlists and such, depends on what u like tho

Comment

Personally I like Sirius, but XM & Sirius are going to merge so it may be a moot issue

Comment

Originally posted by tonystoolroom View Post
          Personally I like Sirius, but XM & Sirius are going to merge so it may be a moot issue
          if the government allows it... But no doubt they will eventually if not within the year, then next year or the year after.

I too prefer Sirius. XM just didnt have a good 80's and 90's selection. Also I listened to Sirius free through Dish Network for about a year before I signed up. Since then my mother has too, and so has my father.

In my opinion, Sirius is far superior to XM for the 80's, 90's, and classical music. But again, just listen to them for yourself. I know sirius has a 3 day free online listening.
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Just my $0.02 but I think it may happen before that... http://www.xmradio.com/merger/promise.xmc
            "Mess with the best, die like the rest."
            Work Log --> Old Car (Totaled)
            Work Log v2 --> New Car (Totaled)
            Work Log v3 --> GMC Suburban K2500 (Engine died)
            Work Log v4.5 --> 05 Toyota Tundra DC SR5

Comment

Originally posted by P3D4T0R View Post
              Just my $0.02 but I think it may happen before that... http://www.xmradio.com/merger/promise.xmc
              Yeah I know, Sirius has the same sort of thing. If there were no anti-monopolistic rules, they would be all over eachother like they plan.

But right now, it still has not been approved by the goverment. The only 2 satellite radio companies merging into one, is not allowed under federal law. So they need approval basically, and they dont have it yet. So that is why I say it might happen. They surely do have lots of money to lobby for their position though, so no doubt it will happen, the question is just when.
              Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
              1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
              30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
              Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Yes, I see, and they probably will I didn't even think about them not having approval yet... *opens mouth and inserts foot*
                "Mess with the best, die like the rest."
                Work Log --> Old Car (Totaled)
                Work Log v2 --> New Car (Totaled)
                Work Log v3 --> GMC Suburban K2500 (Engine died)
                Work Log v4.5 --> 05 Toyota Tundra DC SR5

Comment

Working...
                X