cd stuck in dvd AVH-6500

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cd stuck in dvd AVH-6500

i was playing my dvd player in my car and suddenly it went blank as well as posting an "error 2" on the screen. I want to push the eject button but it still won't come out. i've turned off the car and turned on again, i still can't get the cd out everytime i press the eject button. Is there anyway i can get the cd out since everytime i press the eject button, i heard the beep, but the cd doesn't come out...help!!!!!

paper clip. Straighten it, and theres a small hole on the face of the CD/DVD player. Stick the paperclip in that hole with a slight upward angle. should pop the face open. Thats what the holes there for. An OH **** situation like this.
    ~Fin~
    My First Install. Be gentle with my 03 Vibe GT

Comment

Yah like the paper clip trick will work on a car dvd player.

In all my stereo repairs i would say take the thing apart to get it out. You probably spent a Grand on the unit, take it back to where you got it and see if they can fix it.

Error 2 means dirty disc or scratched disc. probably stuck disc and the lense cant read it.

Blunt force sometimes works too. Hit eject and bang on the front where the cd/dvd goes in.

Could be a tight fit too. Sometimes taking the unit out of the dash and trying to remove discs work. I've seen that alot too.

If its under warrenty take it back or send it to me $100 ill get it out. Ive got a hammer somewhere
      Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65723

Comment

I would bet there is a very small RESET pin or button somewhere. Check the manual.
        10 acura TL tech
        10 BMW S1000RR

Comment

i see there's two holes, do i use a paper clip for the two holes?? what will happen then?....i mean how can i get the disc out coz when i press eject, the disc still wouldn[t come out...

Comment

Put the paper clip in one of the holes. pick one, if the cd player doesnt open with one hole, try the other. The cd player will pop open like normal when you insert the paper clip in the correct hole. Dont press eject anymore, it doesnt seem to be working.
            ~Fin~
            My First Install. Be gentle with my 03 Vibe GT

Comment

I'm willing to bet that this headunit has a manual online, probably at the manufacturer's website. That might shed some light on how to aleviate your problem.

Futhermore, I'm also willing to bet that the manufacturer's support line would be of assistance, if you were willing to pick up the @!(&*@!#$(&*!!!! phone and call them.
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Nice Darque.

I looked at the manual and its not like a computer cd drive. There is no paper clip hole! Do you guys have a car cd player laying around. Most dont have holes to push the disc out. That is only on computer cd drives. The slot load type work different then a tray type cdrom drive. There are two rollers that suck the cd in and then a tray that comes down onto the disc to hold in place. If the gears inside are jammed the only way to get the cd out is to take it apart. Or return to the store and have them do it.

I was going to find a video of a slot load but got sidetracked on youtube

Anyways, need to take it apart! or bang on it while hitting eject! AND I MEAN BANG!!
                Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65723

Comment

Working...
                X