VIA ITX Hibernate Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIA ITX Hibernate Problem

I got myself a VIA EPIA Mini-ITX motherboard...Im trying to get it to hibernate but everytime it hibernates in win XP or Win2k it looses the image thats supposed to load back when u turn it back on from hibernate......so it restarts and loads back regularly!!

on my other motherboard i would make goto hibernate while an mp3 was playing..and when i would come back from hibernate it would start back where the song was playing when it went to hibernate!!

So has anyone used Hibernate with the Via mini itx??....

and YES i have searched...
    So plz let me know some solutions to this!!!

I tried hibernate on mine but I cant get it to go past the logon screen, but at least it gets to the logon screen.
    Steve

Comment

after a few months, i've never encountered that problem

The only hibernation issue i ever had was that for some reason winamp would cause a fault in the video driver about 70% of the time :/ and I'd have to restart
      aka Kumaneko
      "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
      Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
      mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
      Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

so what could be causing my mini itx to do this??

Comment

my guess is there is a fault in the driver.

Best thing we can do is to email via with our experiences and hopefully they will rectify it in a driver upgrade.
          aka Kumaneko
          mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation

Comment

STR

You guys are talking about Hybernate and not STR right? I plan on buying one of these and I want to use STR
            Aut cum scuto, aut in scuto

Comment

STR still requires power... I don't want to have to worry about losing power to my system, or my battery running down
              aka Kumaneko

Comment

Working...
              X