• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRMAN w/USB->Serial Adaptor

Hello,
    Can anybody here say for certain if the IRMAN works with
    USB->Serial adaptors?
    I've done lots of searching but not definitive answers.
    I want to use one because I need to hook up my GPS and IRMAN to my new car PC which only has one legacy serial port.

I already know I can't use the GPS because I use MS Streets and Trips (for canadian map content) and I already know that it won't work with a GPS connected through a USB->Serial adaptor.

So that leaves the IRMAN as my only hope!

Thanks

the irman should work just fine. It did for me, I was having issues w/the ir software not working after hibernation, but realized i have the same problem when I have it plugged into the serial port too.
    Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
    Mods: Yep
    Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

It works with my $80 Belinkin. It didnt work with my $30 keyspan though. Go figure...
      I'm a ghost...email me if you have any questions on my old setup

My way outdated website: http://www.poboytech.net

FYI: I sold my 96 4Runner and bought a 1985

Comment

Does it work with XP?

I just got my IRMan today for my HomePC.

I'm thinking of adding one for my Car.
        Both my serial ports are currently in use from the RandMcNally GPS and the MicroTouch Touchscreen.

So if the Belkin or another brand works with XP I use my USB port.
        SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
        GPSing - Digital Speedo
        Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
        Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

USB to serial has NOT worked for me with an IRMAN, and I have gone thru 3 different USB to Serial converters (all different brands).

I think it has something to do with the MB, cause on my home PC it worked fine, but in my car PC it did not.
          OrangeWhip? OrangeWhip? 3 OrangeWhips!!
          www.whipflash.com
          Finally a new Avatar!

Comment

I must re-iterate that I used the Belkin (80 bucks). The keyspan one didnt work. I have a setup in my car, my home pc, and my dad's Operating room mp3 player (the nurses love it). All using a usb to serial by belkin.

PoBoy

Comment

Kinda scary that your dad operates and listens to MP3's IMHO.

As for the Nurses, do you like them?
              SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
              GPSing - Digital Speedo
              Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
              Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

Well, I hooked him up with a DVD player too; but evidently it was a little much. In all actuality though, just about every doctor opperates to music (especailly for those 3 hour long opps). He used to bring in CD's, but they kept getting stolen and there are only like 3-4 good songs per CD before you have to pop in a new one...so i put together an O.R. mp3player. ITS GOLD in the hospital. All the nurses wanna opperate with my old man.

PoBoy

Comment

Working...
                X