Interfaceing a head unit with a carputer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interfaceing a head unit with a carputer

I've already done some searches on this and haven't found any results but I was wondering if it was possible to use the cd drive of a car stereo for a carputer.

In what capacity?

If you want to use the CD headunit CD drive as an optical drive for the PC, that's not gonna happen.

If you want to input audio into the CD drive, that might be possible, but I have no idea how you'd pull it off.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

You mean something like Car2PC ?
      Car pc integration with ease
      Car mediacenter

Comment

My friend said that he had read of a head unit that had a USB port on the back for firmware updates. Apparently someone had hack the firmware so that you could use the head unit as both a head unit and as a USB attached CDrom drive but I haven't found anything on it and he cant remember the site he had seen it on. being that I simply wanted to use the head unit as the optical drive of my carputer I didn't bother to mention the back story on it in my first post.

Comment

Car2pc is the only one I know, but its only to similate the PC as a CDchanger.
          VmtSquad - I sold my soul to Honda!
          Final Install
          CarPC progress: 95%

Comment

Yep.
            There is no way to access CD ROM from headunit for any external purposes without hacking the stereo. You can do otherwise and use PC as external CD changer.
            Car pc integration with ease
            Car mediacenter

Comment

I guess I was hoping someone might have some knowledge of which stereos are hackable. Still that car2pc adapter looks interesting I might even change my plans abit. thanks everyone for your input.

Comment

Working...
              X