No announcement yet.

On-board audio on motherboards.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On-board audio on motherboards.

I'm looking at Via Nano MB for my CarPC. Specs say that it has high-def on-board audio.

FAQ says that for "average" guy high def audio will be just fine. I'm one of those average guys I already built AMP9 from and using it with my iPod. The plan is to have AMP9 is CarPC case.

Well. I was hoping on being able to control 4 channels from software. As I see also there is 8 channel - only left and right come out of motherboars.

I guess my question is how do you control front/rear balance from PC? And what all of those 6 channels/8 channels mean if there is only left and right on back panel?

I was hoping on doing EQ and all aspects of audio filtering/processing in software. I particularly like to filter out lows for my front speakers and filter out highs for rears/subs. Is there software to do that? Driver settings?

What am I missing?<br /><br />

Found similar topic in FAQ. It's about AC codec and how to make 4.1
    In case of VIA M1000 - it could be done with settings when you convert Line-In and Mic-In into additional channels outputs.

Nothing like this mentioned for Nano-ITC High-dev MB. Is it possible at all?