2 output video card....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 output video card....

Hello I'm on the midle of my install and the idea of put 2 lcd on my headrest just came in to my mind, but I would like to have one image on my console monitor and another image in the two monitor on the headrest.

example. I'm using the gps on my console monitor and the two in the headrest watching a movie??

it's there a video card that allow me to do this or any other way without using 2 carputer's on the car?

thanks
    One of the best way to learn is making mistakes, But much better when you learn from someone else mistakes

yup very easily. Just pick your self up any decent nvidia graphics card, a 7600GT for example would be best, features dual DVI, which you get two VGA converters and away you go

Comment

thanks for answer and after I get video card like that, how do I do to send differents images to the monitors? as my example on the first post says.?

this vga card u talk about it's pci-e my mobo just take AGP IT'S there any agp with this feature out there?
      One of the best way to learn is making mistakes, But much better when you learn from someone else mistakes

Comment

Just get a dual head agp video card. Many different brands out there.

Google is your freind for finding info on this stuff............

Cheers
        For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
        Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

I just found this cheap one since it's gonna run on a carputer I think it's not necessary get something very strong, I'm just worry about if my opus 250 will be strong enough to power this card up and how I'm gonna make the card send diferents video image to each monitor......

some body can answer me or give me a clue.

another one

Comment

The first one you link or this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130210 are better option compare to the 2nd one you link. Why? The 2nd one has 2 VGA instead VGA + S-Video/Composite. With 2 VGA, you have to have 2 VGA monitor or a converter box that cost more.

Nvidia driver allow dual monitor support in either clone or expand mode.

My onboard MX440 can do VGA+ Composite just well. Either one of the above is much better than my onboard.
            2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
            89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
            Y2K Accord Dell GX150
            RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
            EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC View Post
              The first one you link or this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130210 are better option compare to the 2nd one you link. Why? The 2nd one has 2 VGA instead VGA + S-Video/Composite. With 2 VGA, you have to have 2 VGA monitor or a converter box that cost more.
              I'm gonna use 2 more lilliput monitors on the headrests of the car plus the one that I have on my console there are 3 and all of them are VGa, so what I think it's that I'm just gonna need one vga splitter to connect the two headrests monitors. and the console monitor directly to the card. It's this wrong?

Nvidia driver allow dual monitor support in either clone or expand mode.
              I still don't know how I'm gonna get two diferent video images per each vga output.

My onboard MX440 can do VGA+ Composite just well. Either one of the above is much better than my onboard.

Comment

With two monitors, Windows XP should automatically detect them, once the video card is installed. Just use the Windows Display settings to control how the monitors are setup. Basically you're looking for the option to "Extend your desktop" to the second monitor. Then, you can have different images on each monitor.

I'm planning to do the exact same setup myself. I haven't explored yet, however, how to make the frontend (i.e. Roadrunner or whatever) be able to send different things to the different monitors. It may be something it can do out of the box for all I know. Or... I may have to roll my own (I've already written a VB.NET video player that automatically searches for the second monitor and forces the video to play full screen on that monitor for my home desktop computer setup -- main interface on main monitor, LCD widescreen TV on second monitor port).

David
                2000 Honda Civic Sedan
                2004 Honda Odyssey: worklog

Comment

David - TQ for the info. Will try that method too.

Comment

Originally posted by Perrosky View Post
                    I still don't know how I'm gonna get two diferent video images per each vga output.
                    With clone mode, you have identical look on 2 monitor.
                    With expand mode, you have 2 different look. With expand mode, you can put whatever you want on each monitor. The 2 are independent from one another.
                    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
                    X