mini itx and xp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mini itx and xp

well i went and got a mini itx at frys and the board seems to be fine but everytime i go to install xp it installs all the way up to the first reboot of the system past the x splash screen where it detects junk and it gives me a crc error and won\t contnue is there some known issue with te itx and xp ? btw i have tried diff ram diff cd rom drives and diff xp install discs
    WINNER!!!!
    run-on sentance comp 2002!!
    :)

if it`s a crc error then it sounds like a software prob.... try another xp cd, maybe?

Or to test the cd, see you can copy the files to the hd
    My Setup

Comment

I didnt have any problems installing XP on my ITX
      Steve

Comment

cybuch, what kind of boot times are you getting? or anyone with this board for that matter, im kind of undecided on the OP i wanna use
        http://austmp3car.tk

Comment

If I had to guess it would be about 30 seconds, I'll check for you today
          Steve

Comment

C3 800, 128mb RAM, 98lite, 20 second boot to music (includes TweakUI logging on, and Winamp in startup)
            KG6OQD
            www.americansandassociation.org

Comment

AVGeek, im running basically the same setup as you, but its hasnt been installed so i dont know the boot time, the only difference is i have 256mb ram and no 98lite, where can i download 98lite from? (hopefully without paying a fee)
              http://austmp3car.tk

Comment

98lite.net

Will link you to the new site. There is a preview version that is available for free download. If you can't find it let me know. Its a small enough file to make it e-mail worthy.
                KG6OQD
                www.americansandassociation.org

Comment

Working...
                X