Car Plugs for USB hubs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Plugs for USB hubs?

Does anyone know of any cigarette lighter plugs for USB Hubs? My setup has 2 Hubs and Im worried some devices will need extra power. Although the PC has a total of 11 onboard USB ports, Im worried I will run out of space and be forced to use hubs and I dont want to have devices that do not get enough power.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

good luck finding a usb hub that rus off of a cigarette lighter socket. What most people do is use one of the 5 volt lines coming from their computers Power Supply and solder a connection on the other end that fits the powered USB hub.

Comment

Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

It wouldnt be much a problem picking up a 5V usb hub, then getting a 5V car adapter, and soldering the hub barrel connector to the car adapter

Comment

Here are some POL regulators if that would work better for you:

http://store.mp3car.com/Point_Of_Loa...plies_s/10.htm
          ~Jimmy

Comment

Jimmy, that looks like what I need, THANX!!!, but I think what i am going to try to do is have all the power hungry devices on the onboard usb ports. Then all the little things like the bluetooth can go on the hubs........... but now that im counting I may just be able to use only the onboard.......... and not need hubs

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
            4X MK808b
            3x Perixx Touchpads
            3x 7 inch Screens
            1x Win 7 PC

Comment

alot of newer car phone chargers are usb based, which means its very easy to push 5v to a hub. Problem is they dont put out enough amperage for a hub. So a POL is the way to go.
              Car : 00' Chrysler 300M
              Speakers : Rainbow Audio SLC 265 | Subs : Diamond Audio D6 12" Subs X2
              Amp's : Hifonics ZXi 6006 AB | Hifonics BXi 1606 D
              CarPC: HP Laptop AMD Sempron 3000+ | 1.5GB RAM | DVD+RW | 80GB 5400RPM HD | ATI R200 Video

Comment

I'm not sure if a cig -> usb charger for ipod will do it or not. I saw them but not sure about amp rating.
                2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC View Post
                  I'm not sure if a cig -> usb charger for ipod will do it or not. I saw them but not sure about amp rating.
                  Im not going to worry about it.... Im sure I can get all the power eating devices on the main board usb and all the little things on the hubs

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                  4X MK808b
                  3x Perixx Touchpads
                  3x 7 inch Screens
                  1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
                  X