No announcement yet.

Comp don't turn off

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comp don't turn off

my computer do not turn off if I'm connected to the internet during start up. When I discconnect to the internet and start up my comp, then it will be able to shut down properly later on.
    It will show as "shutting down" (something like that)nd will just stay there forever.
    PCcillin cannot detect any virus infections. I'm suspecting it to be something wrong with a program?
    bat control free speed up pc software

Comp don't turn off

Maybe some software is trying to update, or something like that, Try the following steps:

start the computer connected to the internet and before you shutdown, press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and see in the process field what is running...

do it again when you start the computer without connect the internet, compare the tables...

this way you can find what is wrong...
    Engineering: Where the rubber meets the road!
    RR Skin RED 2.0

Do you have a little install shield icon overlayed on your shutdown and restart buttons?

if so, windows is trying to update itself. Just turn off updating.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the Store

I'm smelling spam....
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

I have the same issue, If I am using slingbox or streaming radio, the PC will not hibernate at all. I fixed the issue with WMP, but still have the issue with Slingbox.....
          Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
          4X MK808b
          3x Perixx Touchpads
          3x 7 inch Screens
          1X 7 inch motorized Screen
          1x Win 7 PC