My Silab USB Radio doesnt install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Silab USB Radio doesnt install

I read alot about the Silab radio and thought it was an ok device. So I bought it from mouser. I plug it in and it asks for drivers, but I did not recieve a disk at all. Were can I go to get the drivers. I read somewhere that it uses MS drivers, but from were. I have the latest windows so I would think it would have the drivers. Can some1 help me to get this thing installed?!?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

This may not be the way you great computer wizards do it but I had this happen on 1 of my PCs, so I plugged it into another and it worked. I then downloaded a driver wizard program and exported the drivers for that device from PC 2 to PC 1 and it worked after that. Just a suggestion.
    The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Comment

it doesnt work on any of my computers though......... always asks for a driver

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

ADStech Instant FM uses the silabs chip

I have the adstech instant fm usb adapter. It uses the silabs chip.
        These drivers will probably work for you.
        I went to their site and they don't have a download.
        I can email you the drivers I have if you want to give it a shot.

Comment

What version of windows are you using? I've never had a problem with it, except on n'lited stripped out systems where the usb audio drivers have been removed.

When it asks for the drivers, point it to C:\Windows\Inf and you want the wdma_usb.inf.

Let us know how you go.
          I installed my carpc into my pet Kangaroo, mate.

Comment

Look real close on the side of yoru silabs tuner... it tells you where the drivers are!!
            'Burb-puter - worklog

Comment

I have the latest updated windows.... Windows XP Service Pack 2.... I'll try both NiSlo's way and mangus580's way. Ill try NiSlo's way first since the Silab has been installed way at the top of my dashboard behind alot of stuff. For me to get to the unit I have to remove alot of stuff.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
              4X MK808b
              3x Perixx Touchpads
              3x 7 inch Screens
              1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Try this...

http://www.silabs.com/tgwWebApp/publ...USBFMRadio.htm
                'Burb-puter - worklog

Comment

Originally posted by mangus580 View Post
                  That is only the software to use the silabs module. If windows is not automatically installing ther driver and is popping up a dialogue looking for the drivers for 'Fm radio' then he needs the inf files. The software you posted won't work unless the drivers are installed first.

Hijack - If you can't fid teh wdma_usb.inf file, pm me and I'll send it to you.
                  *Edit* I've attached the files if you need them
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NiSlo View Post
                    That is only the software to use the silabs module. If windows is not automatically installing ther driver and is popping up a dialogue looking for the drivers for 'Fm radio' then he needs the inf files. The software you posted won't work unless the drivers are installed first.

Hijack - If you can't fid teh wdma_usb.inf file, pm me and I'll send it to you.
                    I did fing the wdma_usb file, but its like some kind of backup file..... mine says wdma_usbinf.bak and another that says wdma_usbpnf.bak. From experience this is usually a back up coppy of a file. Its supposed to be when you change it from bak back to inf, it should work.... but mine doesnt....

PS: I figured out how to change it back.... I had to open it with notepad and then change the ending to .inf and .pnf.... I now have the drivers.... I did this on the pc without the radio, i will do it to the car pc when i go to work at 10:00pm

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                    4X MK808b
                    3x Perixx Touchpads
                    3x 7 inch Screens
                    1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Cool. See how you go.

I've attached a copy of my files to the previous post if you need them...

Comment

adstech instantFM uses exact same driver

I checked my adstech install cd and the drivers are the same ones that nislo uploaded for you.
                        My only gripe is the adstech GUI is so tiny it's worthless, especially for carpc.
                        I wish someone had a different skin for this tuner.

Comment

Thanx guys, i appreciate all the help.... the conversion worked, but its just strange Windows would only turn that file into a BAK file....

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                          4X MK808b
                          3x Perixx Touchpads
                          3x 7 inch Screens
                          1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
                          X