Sub/Center questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub/Center questions

I was wondering what would be the ideal setup for my car.... I do plan to use it for movies, games, music and what not.... I am also not sure if I connected the sub correctly.

I have a Sound Blaster Live External. I finally bought the amp for the back so I connected it to the sub.... at first I would hear the center speaker in the back and figured out that it only uses the red side, and white side is for center. Did I connect it correctly by going to radioshack and getting a Y-Cable to connect the right and left on the amp to the single cable for the sub? Do I have to connect the center speaker? I wanted to set it to 4.1 but when I do so, the sub has no sound. What would the pros and cons be for connecting a center speaker? Does anyone reccommend a specific mid priced center speaker?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

bump
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

Comment

You don't really need to install a center speaker if you don't want too. It would really only be used for true 5.1 sound sources, like dvd movies, etc. And yes, you did hook up the subs correctly. The center and sub are both on the same connection, with the left (white) signal being the center channel and the right (red) being the subwoofer. Using the y-splitter off the red channel you are just running the sub signal down both lines. Depending on your amp, you might be better to bridge it to mono and just run 1 connection to it. Right now your amp is in stereo mode (even though it is seeing the same signal on both channels), but most amps can produce more power in mono-mode.

Comment

Working...
      X