Compustar Remote Starter Door not Unlocking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compustar Remote Starter Door not Unlocking

I had a Compustar CM4200 remote starter system installed on my 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport over a year ago. The dealer went out of business without finishing the installation. There is not another dealer anywhere near me. The problem is that the door unlock button on the remote relocks the doors after the remote starter sequence locks the doors. I cannot unlock the doors with the remote. Is there a programming sequence, wiring issue, or dip switch setting that can fix this annoying problem. Thank you!!! David.

door locks

Originally posted by mitsu2002 View Post
    I had a Compustar CM4200 remote starter system installed on my 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport over a year ago. The dealer went out of business without finishing the installation. There is not another dealer anywhere near me. The problem is that the door unlock button on the remote relocks the doors after the remote starter sequence locks the doors. I cannot unlock the doors with the remote. Is there a programming sequence, wiring issue, or dip switch setting that can fix this annoying problem. Thank you!!! David.
    Hi ok fews things to consider here, first is one of the reason they lock when you remote start is that when you activate the remote start the ignition powers up which is suppose to in order for the vehicle to start,they may have programmed the unit(remote start) to lock with ignition in other words ignition controlled door locks.If you have the installation manual or owners manual it should state on how to change settings.Ok now for the unlock, you would need to verify if they indeed make connection to the unlock wire note that these door locks are a bit tricky for the weekend installer, but not impossible here is a link with more info for you to read maybe you will grasp it a bit better.good luck if you need more help please ask.David http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/....asp~TID~14253

Comment

Working...
    X