Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie questions (Power,bluetooth,shutdown controller)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie questions (Power,bluetooth,shutdown controller)

Hi car enthusiasts,
    I hope you help me in my silly questions as you always do.
    I'm using a 450W inverter on my computer which has a AC PSU, do I need a DC-DC regulator for the voltage peeks?
    I have a bluetooth car kit from Nokia, how can I include it in my audio system? Or better, how use my carputer as a bluetooth headset? I know Road Runner has something like this but I'm totally lost with it.
    Unless I get a shutdown controller, I will have to manually shutdown/hibernate my carputer before turning off the ignition, so which one do you recommend?
    And one more thing, is there anything that I could do to protect the carputer from vibrations?
    Thanks in advance

Originally posted by eagleslayor View Post
    Hi car enthusiasts,
    I hope you help me in my silly questions as you always do.
    I'm using a 450W inverter on my computer which has a AC PSU, do I need a DC-DC regulator for the voltage peeks?
    No.
    A DC-DC power supply is a better solution than an inverter, mind you.
    I have a bluetooth car kit from Nokia, how can I include it in my audio system? Or better, how use my carputer as a bluetooth headset? I know Road Runner has something like this but I'm totally lost with it.
    You need a bluetooth adapter for the PC that will interface with your phone. The BT adapter would need to support the audio gateway.
    Unless I get a shutdown controller, I will have to manually shutdown/hibernate my carputer before turning off the ignition, so which one do you recommend?
    http://store.mp3car.com/Micro_Shutdo..._p/pwr-007.htm
    zootjeff (a member here) makes awesome products and provides top-shelf support.

I recommend looking into an all-in one DC-DC power supply with integrated shutdown controller. You can lose the inverter or keep it for other purposes and have all the benefits of a DC-DC PSU (less size, less heat, less EMI, etc).
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
      No.
      A DC-DC power supply is a better solution than an inverter, mind you.

You need a bluetooth adapter for the PC that will interface with your phone. The BT adapter would need to support the audio gateway.

http://store.mp3car.com/Micro_Shutdo..._p/pwr-007.htm
      zootjeff (a member here) makes awesome products and provides top-shelf support.

I recommend looking into an all-in one DC-DC power supply with integrated shutdown controller. You can lose the inverter or keep it for other purposes and have all the benefits of a DC-DC PSU (less size, less heat, less EMI, etc).
      thanks for the reply,
      It is difficult for me to get access to a DC-DC PSU here in South Africa especially due to the price, so I will have to keep my AC PSU. My bluetooth dongle does support Audio Gateway but I don't know how to make use of it as a headset, I think the only way I can use it is if I have wireless speakers or bluetooth headphones. I will ask in the Road Runner forum about this.
      What fuse should I use with my 450W power inverter?
      Any other tips?
      Thanks again

Comment

Couldnt you get one shipped? Or are there customs problems? No idea, just talking.

Comment

No problems, but its expensive. I would like to have this done within the following week as I'm going for holidays, if anyone could give me directions, I would be glad.
          Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X