New Plan--New MB, Used HD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Plan--New MB, Used HD

I'm narrowing down what I want/need to purchase. I'm now thinking that can get a new via MB (MII12000) and pulling the hard drive from a spare PC that I have.

I'm seriously considering mounting the MB, HD etc on a piece of plexi and then mount the plexi on my TBlazer's frame. My thought is to remove the large trim panels in the back and fabricate (with fiberglass) to go over the PC. The new panels would be covered by carpet to match the existing.

Is there anything that I should be concerned about that might suggest changing this plan?

The other possibility is to go ahead and get a small form factor case. There MAY be room under the back seat. I'll have to look tomorrow (sorry I just now thought of this possibility as I started to post this).
    Don I
    2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

it doesn't seem worth it to go to all that trouble just for the motherboard.

for an extra hundred bucks you could get this, takes all of 5 mins to assemble and is small enough to fit under almost any seat, in a glove box, or in the dashboard (behind your monitor).

F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
    Fusion Carputer [2.0]
    Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

Originally posted by ComputerGeek View Post
      it doesn't seem worth it to go to all that trouble just for the motherboard.

for an extra hundred bucks you could get this, takes all of 5 mins to assemble and is small enough to fit under almost any seat, in a glove box, or in the dashboard (behind your monitor).

Yes--I was just looking at the size of one of them. They're a LOT smaller than I realized. Even when I was thinking of buying a new system, I thought I'd have to put it in the back. Then I figured that if I was going to mount it in the back, I'd have to find a way to conceal it. If I was going to do that work anyway, I might as well lose the case.

It just doesn't make sense to spend all that time/money fabricating a new enclosure when I can buy a case for $75.

But now I'm back to using a case.
      Don I
      2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

Comment

Working...
      X