No POST anymore on Commell LV-677 DC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No POST anymore on Commell LV-677 DC

My Commell LV-677DC suddenly will not POST anymore...not a beep ...however CPU fan operates indicating power is OK.

I have reset CMOS and stripped it down to CPU and RAM only (both checked OK from separate board) and taken it out of the case and removed all connectors just in case there was a short. Even left it on for few hours with and without monitor connected and still nothing.

I am down to thinking it is either:

1. A fried MB; or

2. BIOS in need of a reflash. Trouble is reflash can't be done until POST problem fixed and noting these MB's only come with a slim/foil type connectors for floppy drives and adaptors for those are only recognised in Windows ...so CD is only way to re-flash BIOS.

Any suggestions what else I should try would be appreciated.
    Landrover CF 3.1 Commell LV677 2GhzCore2Duo 4GDDR2 Military 80G SATA & SS Cartnetix P2140 & P5V Voom2 81/2" 16:9 5.1 3XAmps SOHO H/F Mini-PCI Wireless & 3G Wireless B'band Mini-PCI GPS - Destinator/OziExplorer HQCTi DAB+ SATA DVD Remote Cams TV UHF Radio

bump
    Landrover CF 3.1 Commell LV677 2GhzCore2Duo 4GDDR2 Military 80G SATA & SS Cartnetix P2140 & P5V Voom2 81/2" 16:9 5.1 3XAmps SOHO H/F Mini-PCI Wireless & 3G Wireless B'band Mini-PCI GPS - Destinator/OziExplorer HQCTi DAB+ SATA DVD Remote Cams TV UHF Radio

Comment

bump...any ideas out there??

Comment

Have you pulled the RAM out to see if it will give an error beep code? Most motherboards will. If you get beeps with the RAM out, then you probably have a memory problem. If you don't, I'm thinking that your mobo is a goner...

Comment

Also check the power supply before labelling the motherboard as dead. The fans spinning does not necessarily mean that it's supplying enough power for the mobo. I've seen quite a few "dead motherboards" that were actually the power supply.

Comment

Thanks guys....

RAM is not problem as it tests OK on other MB...noting I am getting no POST or error beeps with or without RAM. This MB is a DC powered MB so no ATX power supply. Alternatives of a 120W AC brick tranny and a Carnetix regulator test up OK.

Am I in denial thinking this baby is not fried and not an expensive paper weight???

Comment

It sounds the mobo is gone, being an industrial unit, Commell will cover this under warranty. RMA it back to your supplier - was it Synrax?

Ben Wang over there is usually quite good with his service levels.

edit: Beofree you do that though, disconnect DC power brick, then remove cmos battery, put jumper on "clear cmos", leave it on for a few minutes.

Replace jumper back to default, replace battery, and test.

Br,
              MrBean
              F6 Tornado Project Log ; HP Blackbird Watercooled Server

Beta Tester for Centrafuse and 3dConnexion (No business affiliation with either)

Comment

Mr Bean ...yep reset CMOS.

Already have a another LV-677 DC coming as I think they are a solid MB not with standing my experience with this one which is now pretty old now. I was about to install some low profile 19 mm RAM to replace original full height RAM when this occured. I think there was some movement occuring in the taller sticks with rubbing cables etc in a tight case and that may have been the cause....so it might have beaten me to it.

That aside there are some weird things with this MB. For instance reversed USB connectors. How did you get around this???

Comment

Working...
                X