X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carputer Hangs / Stalls

HI guys..
    came some 1 help me with a FUNNY prob that i am experiencing

Back at home the system works fine... So does it work in the car ........ WHEN it is STATIONARY....

Now when i drive the car lets say at 30~40 kmph the system hangs up and if i continue to drive the system REBOOTS....

NOw instead of continue driving IF it STOP the car the system recovers and continues to work fine .... and the same thig happens again

Stall / hang while moving
    Normal when stationary

What can the prob be, i cant figure out.... the same system was working fine earlier and i have not added or removed any hardware or software.....Pls helpl me out
    thanx in advance
    Commell LV-677 DC 6 x 6" Mother Board
    2.6 GHz; 1 Gb Ram
    120 Gb Laptop HD
    7" InDash Xenarc MTD - X7000 Screen
    Gyration Mouse ; GPS Mouse ; ELM Scan ; TPMS
    Parrot MK 6000 & iPhone
    ----------
    Re done the carputer...Into the Glove Box !!

Did you check the wires to see if they are secure and didnt go loose over time? Make sure no loose conducting ends are brushing up against any electrical components. Or maybe your harddrive is getting bad. What happens if you take the system home, then shake it vigorously?

Comment

Sounds like a power supply issue.

Possible over voltage into the DC regulator? Although I'd expect that to happn withign the fist couple of minutes of driving not after 30-40 minutes.

Comment

Well i am not sure if its a power issue.....
        If i keep mu car running BUT PARKED and carputer ON.... it works flawlwssly for hrs together ( tried it for 4 hrs and no probs ) only when i start DRIVING is when this problem appears.. and i am also sure there are no loose cables brushing any components cos if i take it back home and try to rough handel it ( just in case some wire is loose or some metal pieces ) it still works fine........
        2.6 GHz; 1 Gb Ram
        120 Gb Laptop HD
        Parrot MK 6000 & iPhone
        ----------

Comment

Stick a multimeter to your car's electrical system and observe the voltage when the car is parked and when its moving. When your car is moving, the alternator spins faster and maybe your car's electrical system is having problems regulating the voltage hence giving you voltage spikes when you drive and crashing your carpc.

Comment

Well the Power input and out put is fine.. My mother board has a range from 8~24 Volts input..So no Prob.....
            But interestingly .... I disabled the LAN card and now the Prob SEEMS to have gone....
            Am not sure how this is connected but will drive around for a few days and then post in again as to what he status is.....
            But any way thanx for all the inputs guys......
            2.6 GHz; 1 Gb Ram
            120 Gb Laptop HD
            Parrot MK 6000 & iPhone
            ----------

Comment

Working...
            X