Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB radio NEW

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1929

New USB Radio at Deal Extreme. I don't know anything about it, just saw it on there today. The band range is "FM 76-108Mhz"

Looks cheaper than the one at Brando. Worth checking out if somebody is buying stuff from Deal Extreme. DX does have a bunch of bits that can be used for a project.

~Jordan

Well it may turn out alright, but Im not confident that that antenna is gonna work in the car.
    PDP1170/TRS80/Atari800XL/Amiga500/286/486/P2/P4/C2D/i7 still a newb (but an old newb, been doing this a while) working my way up to "Complete Newb"

Comment

It doesn't say anything about RDS or HD either.
      HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

The case could always be cracked open, to solder on a different antenna. Some sort of pigtail or Motorola connector, so you can use stock car antenna. The new connector idea is what people plan/have done with the Brando USB radio.

I doubt with an Chinese product like this, that is supports HD or RDS. It could though. There are some single chip solutions out there that support a bunch of different implementations.

Until someone buys one and pops it about, there is no real way to tell. You could always ask the guys at DX. They're very could about getting these sorts of answers or pointing in the right direction.

Comment

man does anyone know if they are reputable? If so Im going to buy one and break it out of that shell.

Easy enough to solder a different/car antenna on it and bam. It should work.
          '02 GTI
          [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
          [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
          [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
          [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
          Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

Comment

Free worldwide delivery as well - nice.

Comment

DX is very reputable. A bunch of people in the candlepower forums (flashlight geeks) shop with the guy. He gets very good marks from everyone there. I plan on ordering one next time I order some flashlight parts.

Shipping does take a bit though. Quote from website on shipping below.

Step 1 (1-3 days): Products are collected from our suppliers.

Step 2 (<1 day): Order waits to get packaged.

Step 3 (1 day): Order is packaged and shipped* to carrier (e.g. Hong Kong Post, EMS, UPS etc).

Step 4 (10-13 days): Order is enroute via EMS or Hong Kong Post.

Estimated Delivery Time:
              Airmail: 12 to 17 days.
              EMS: 7 to 10 days

Comment

Anyone get theirs yet? Hows it going?
                '02 GTI
                [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
                [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
                [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
                [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
                Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

Comment

I have ordered one today, will post a feedback when i get hold of it.
                  ----------------------
                  Honda City

Comment

got mine today..works well in the laptop..will be trying out in the carpc later today after work.
                    ----------------------
                    Honda City

Comment

Originally posted by sviyer View Post
                      got mine today..works well in the laptop..will be trying out in the carpc later today after work.
                      Does it have RDS?
                      HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Very low price for this device! I paid my silabs over 40 euros and I'm not so happy with radio reception
                        My new dash setup with 8.4" LCD!
                        Secondary (roof) LCD display
                        False floor with mobo, amp and all the electronics
                        Power supply and HDD Suspension system detail

Comment

Originally posted by GizmoQ View Post
                          Does it have RDS?
                          It does, atleast the label cover it came in , says so. I have no way of checking it, my area does not support.

I am happy with the Radio reception as of now..still not tested enough to recommend it to someone yet.

Can someone guide me how to use it with Roadrunner?
                          It came with a software of its own, and it plays with the software.!!
                          ----------------------
                          Honda City

Comment

Would you mind cracking open the case and letting us know what chips are in there? It might be another cheap silabs knock off if we are luck. If that's the case, you can use the silabs support in RR or CF.

Comment

Prob similar to the Silabs...reception sucks
                              AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
                              "A great smoking alternative"

Comment

Working...
                              X