Hard Drive to Handle Extreme Cold?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Drive to Handle Extreme Cold?

Hey guys...I am trying to decide on which drive I want to use. I am looking at solid state drives to avoid any trouble that would be caused by vibrations, but even they have a minimum operating temperature of 32 degrees. Has anyone found a drive that will support lower temps?

Define "lower"................
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

my compact flash and 3.5" mechanical both worked fine over the last week and its been between 10 F and 30 F here in MI.
      Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

http://store.mp3car.com/Seagate_40GB..._p/hrd-009.htm

-30 deg F.
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Thats -30 C to 85 C
          -22 F to 185 F
          PDP1170/TRS80/Atari800XL/Amiga500/286/486/P2/P4/C2D/i7 still a newb (but an old newb, been doing this a while) working my way up to "Complete Newb"

Comment

I have a regular 2.5 inch Samsung drive and it works above -10 celsius.
            Ampie Case
            2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
            256 MB DDR2 PC5400
            Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
            Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
            M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Hi All!
              I from Russia. We use simple disks of 2.5". The hard disk can not start at temperature -25 but when the car stands on warming up about 10 minutes all will start normally. Excuse for my English.

Comment

Covered here:
                Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                Want to:
                -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Working...
                X