No announcement yet.

Sound cards?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound cards?

Wowthis site is excellent!!! Who would of thought so many people were in to this and you guys really no your ****. Being a newbie and all I hope you dont mind helping me out with a couple of question. I have spent the last couple of nights reading past and present postings but now my brain is in overload.

Now in planning my system I love the idea of a 4 channel sound card with good SQ and features. I like to listen to the radio and already have a nice 6 disk in dash HU (Nak mb-100) so mp3 is not my main objective at the moment

1. With the right 4 channel sound card can I do things like DSP, EQ, hall effects and delay.

2. As for the sound card software and graphical interface part of it am I looking at something custom or off the shelf?

As you can see I have a lot to learn. Luckily Im pretty good with hardware but when it comes to writing code and GUIs Im lost. Many thanks!!!

I would suggest the Sound Blaster Audigy, it has everything you are looking for. Most sound cards come with software. M.A.V.I.C. System
    Asus MB, PII 266, 192 MB Ram, 6.8" LCD, 6 Disk CD-ROM, 21 Gig HD, All-in-Wonder Video w/ TV Tuner, Irman, Windows ME, Winamp, Cobra III -- All in a custom acrylic case. MP3car Listings - Please add to it! :)