Using GM XM antenna

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using GM XM antenna

I have a 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 New Body style with built in XM and XM antenna on the roof.

What I'd really like to know is where the XM receiver is in the truck so that I can unplug the antenna from it and connect an antenna extension to run to my satellite receiver for my pc...

I've been looking everywhere trying to find out and I really dont want to start hacking up my dash trying to find the satellite receiver...unless I know exactly where it is.

If anyone could give me a hand that would be appreciated!

Thank you!

.:[ x10's GMLAN ]:.

Sirius Channels Update

I have an 06 cobalt and I was wondering the same question. I have pulled my HU and did not find an antenna anywhere. My theory is that the XM receiver is in the HU and the antenna is hardwired into the wiring harness. I could be wrong, I did not really do a lot of research on it. If you find out anything let me know.
    "Who run Barter Town?"

Comment

I am not 100% sure on this, but I believe that on most GM vehicles the XM unit is behind the glovebox. The antenna lead from the factory unit doesn't have the same connector on it as the aftermarket units, but I'd bet that you could get an adapter somewhere if you googled it. Hope this helps!

Comment

On the Sierra, it's on the passenger side of the firewall, on the engine side, behind a bracket. The Antenna runs down the passenger side A-pillar.

On the Cobalt, the receiver is mounted on a plate right in the centre of the dash, between the two dash speakers. The wiring runs down the driver's side.

I can't tell anything about what connecters they use, as all I see are harnesses and plug-in connectors. Hope this helps a bit, at least.

Have fun,

Kris
        How Much Horsepower Can I have And Still Go To Heaven?

Comment

bump...still cant find it

.:[ x10's GMLAN ]:.

Sirius Channels Update

Comment

Drop the headliner right at the antenna, I've seen the back of those a few times and they look like xm ant plugs right on the back of the antenna. Give that a try

Comment

Working...
            X