X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with rear view cam

Hello guys,
    My first post here.
    I'm John from Greece and I bought recently the G4 system.
    I have a big problem with my rear cam though.
    It always shows like this:

It works perfectly in a simple screen though.
    My cam, is in PAL mode and probably the G4 works on NTSC.
    Is there anything I can do, to turn it on PAL mode?
    Thanks in advance

there are several posts on this forum and others regarding this issue. from what I have read, I don't think it's possible to use a PAL camera with the G4. the G4 has a composite video input for the rear-view camera. this probably means the camera connects directly to the monitor, bypassing the computer. if this is the case then the monitor itself may only accept NTSC input. in otherwords its not a software issue, or settings, it's a hardware constraint.

from what I have read, it seems your only option is to use an NTSC camera.
    F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
    Fusion Carputer [2.0]
    Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

Ok,
      suppose I buy a backup NTSC camera, what about all the others?
      I want to buy a TV tuner. The channels here, play only on PAL mode.
      Even if I buy a NTSC TV tuner, probably it won't play normally right?
      Or there is a solution for other devices, except the rear view cam?

Comment

you can buy a PAL > NTSC converter. I didn't think of it earlier, it should work for your rear-view PAL camera

as for a TV tuner, I don't think you'd have any problems because the video signal goes through USB. it's not going directly into the monitor like the rear view camera, video is displayed through software and displayed in a window, so PAL should work fine.

Fusion Carputer [2.0]
        Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

Can I ask something else too?
          Since I need, either a new cam or a converter, is there any possible way to have rear cam with parktronic included with noise?
          Something like the Audi Q7 system let say...
          If yes, where can I find stuff like this?
          That would be really interesting...

Comment

hy
            dont know what is the G4(i think it is a little pc).verify if can attach an usb or lan camera.
            ps. verify the camera wires(make test whit 1m cable).
            what conector have the camera?
            Under construct: Dell Optiplex GX 150

Comment

It's RCA cable connected.
              Everything works fine. I connected the cam (with the cable) to a simple monitor and it's working.
              It's just not in the correct mode (ntsc)

Comment

Originally posted by InSaNe View Post
                Since I need, either a new cam or a converter, is there any possible way to have rear cam with parktronic included with noise?
                Something like the Audi Q7 system let say...
                the "parktronic" system is just an expensive brand name (registered to Audi) for an ultrasonic parking sensor system. there are cheaper alternatives to choose from that do the same exact thing.

it's not part of the back up camera system. it's a separate system so don't worry about "integrating" it with your camera. parking sensor systems can be found very cheap on eBay. but to be honest with a camera there is really no need for it. I have a 6 sensor VFD system that's been sitting in it's original box for 3 years, since I use a backup camera, I feel no need to install it.
                Fusion Carputer [2.0]
                Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

Originally posted by ComputerGeek View Post
                  the "parktronic" system is just an expensive brand name (registered to Audi) for an ultrasonic parking sensor system. there are cheaper alternatives to choose from that do the same exact thing.

it's not part of the back up camera system. it's a separate system so don't worry about "integrating" it with your camera. parking sensor systems can be found very cheap on eBay. but to be honest with a camera there is really no need for it. I have a 6 sensor VFD system that's been sitting in it's original box for 3 years, since I use a backup camera, I feel no need to install it.
                  What I meant, was not to have just a parktronic system to beep, but a system to show in my monitor the distance in cm (with a bar for example), which will beep too.
                  A combination of cam and sound in one monitor with a scale of measure in other words
                  My main problem is, that my ride is very low and I have scratched the rear bumper a couple of times, in the pavement

Comment

thee is no product that I know of to overlay the parking sensor data on the monitor. you would have to make it yourself. check this thread out to see the world that would be involved in making it. it's really not worth it, the camera should be enough by itself.
                    Fusion Carputer [2.0]
                    Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

Working...
                    X