computer remote control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer remote control

I know there a few remotes out there to use with the computer, but has anone made their computer into a remote? Wat I want to be able to do it rea in IR codes to the computer, and then take a bitmap, and define certain area that when clicked will send whatever IR code I tell it out of some sort of IR transmitter on a wire (ie ir blaster). I am looking to be able to control things with my computer that come with a remote. This would let you use a computer to control a factory stereo or XM receiver. Please let me know if you can do this and how.

i was on the irman website a while back and saw that they are working on annother product that can also send ir signals. you could check that out. i dont know when its supposed to be available though.
    System: AMD Duron 1200+ , 512 MB ram , usb sb mp3+ , Tview 7" touchscreen , M1-ATX PSU , Slot Load iMac DVD-Rom , 40 GB laptop HDD, netgear USB 802.11g

Progress: Installation: 90% Dash fabrication: 80%

Parts Needed: USB GPS

Comment

If you know how to program and you know the control codes, it's as simple as wiring an IR LED to the serial port.
      Best regards,
      Matthew

Comment

Try this site:
        Computerized IR Control

Comment

I know Girder has a plugin for send and receive to IR devices...
          Aura MR62 (F and R)
          My Current MP3s
          IamDefiler.com

Comment

Working...
          X