Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shuttle FV24.. or any other Carputer + Subwoofer = ??? :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shuttle FV24.. or any other Carputer + Subwoofer = ??? :)

Hi

Im planning of putting my Shuttle FV25 computer in the trunk of my car. The only thing bothering me about this is, the two 10" woofer's i have back there

has anyone succesfully put a carputer next to a subwoofer? .. im thinking mostly about the harddrive.. it would most likely take a nasty beatin' .. *hehe*

anyway...

any insights?

best regards,

[email protected]
    NORWAY
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
    Albert Einstein

I have 2 10" and a FV24 in the trunk, No problems. I'm not a super 1000W basshead, though.

The computer is about a foot from the box, about 2 feet from the actual speaker magent.
    www.arbybean.com

Comment

Just for perspective, i realize that the magenets in a hd are fixed, and not firing like they are in a subwoofer, but the read heads are possitioned by some extreeemely strong (for their size) magnets in the corner of the casing. I could be wrong, but unless you put the coil of you subwoofer on your hd, it should be ok.
      -Nick

Comment

hmm.. thx for reply's ...

i was thinking more in the way of how the resonance affect the HDD. would`nt maybe... 100Hz - 250Hz for an example make the heads in the HDD to vibrate? ...

"If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

running fv24 next to a 12" alpine....laptop hd still working (i think)!
          Shuttle SV-24 (Plexiglass case)
          5 Gig Laptop HD (Now Dead)
          256 Ram
          466 Celeron (1 Gig Toasted)
          7" 16:9 touchscreen LCD
          Firewire Slot Load DVD
          700W Inverter (Power to spare)
          Monster Cap
          Sproggy Shutdown Controller
          Custom Fiberglass Console (Idea Junked)

Still Need: GPS, and some kick a@# software!

Comment

reeee

I've got an FV24 with a maxtor hdd right inbetween 2 10" JL subs with a 2x250w amp. I've never had any problems.

See setup

pWned!
            HomePage and Mp3Car Setup

Comment

Originally posted by t0ffluss
              hmm.. thx for reply's ...

i was thinking more in the way of how the resonance affect the HDD. would`nt maybe... 100Hz - 250Hz for an example make the heads in the HDD to vibrate? ...

I would think the resonance from the subs, while it would be more constant than average driving, wouldn't be anything more than normal driving would throw at it.
              -Nick

Comment

With the subs that are in my car (2x10 + 1x12) I am worried as well. They pack quite the back massage when running Has anyone had any BAD experiences with them and a car computer?
                IN DEVELOPMENT -- '96 Mustang, lilliput with PII/450 laptop, custom DC-DC power supply, 60GB; Garmin GPS; 802.11g; compact keyboard, small graphical LCDs, OBDII.

Comment

Working...
                X