Logitech diNovo Mini, SEXY!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech diNovo Mini, SEXY!

and ideal for a carputer setup! Check it out!

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/3848&cl=us,en?WT.ac=mb|3850|hp

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-920-0.../dp/B0011FOOI2

I want one bad!

Nice! But I do not have the $150 to spend on it. sad sad sad
    "Who run Barter Town?"

Comment

I know. 150.00 bucks is A LOT!

Comment

Not THAT much considering that many of the good bluetooth keyboard/mouse/media pad devices cost around $100 - 150.

I've had a chance to play with one of these and believe me, it's SLICK. I'll end up using it for media pc, but it would be IDEAL for carputer. The clickpad is very useable and the keyboard is much nicer than my Pocket PC XV6700 for example. Unless you're typing a LOT, the mini would do great for IM, typing in URL's for web surfing, and putting in online orders. Plus, it has the various functions to control media players and the like.

Connected to an existing bluetooth hub with no problems. Plus, the onboard light meter to control the backlighting of the keys is way cool.

FYI, the charger for this is an 8v, 500ma wall charger. I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult to adapt that to be used in a car; but I'll put in a plug to the logitech guys to come out with a 12v charger for this and to market the device to the Carputer channel in addition to the media PC crowd.

Comment

Can you ctrl + alt + del with this keyboard? From the blurry images...I dont see those buttons.

Comment

I really want this for use on Windows 2000 Pro... It isnt listed but do you think it would work??

Comment

Originally posted by nobb View Post
              Can you ctrl + alt + del with this keyboard? From the blurry images...I dont see those buttons.
              Yes it does. It's "FUNCTION-ENTER" as kind of a "hotkey" for it.

It does have a seperate CONTROL, but I haven't been able to find an individual "ALT" key.

One thing I'm not too keen on is the fact that the Blue that they use for their function keys is really hard to see, even in daylight and the blue function symbols are not backlit.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMinPDX View Post
                I really want this for use on Windows 2000 Pro... It isnt listed but do you think it would work??
                That one's beyond my expertise. It's bluetooth 2.0; I know that...

Comment

I found this keyboard tonight in searching for a replacement to my cheesy scorpian mushroom mouse controller keyboard....holy crap this thing is SO what I was looking for (aside from the price). I too was wondering about the charging voltage to make a car plug... It seems like most companies stay away from the word CarPC, just so they aren't liable for car accidents these days....even if this is a perfectly marketable CarPc product.
                  I also was wondering about the ALT key too, that was one thing I can't see on this keyboard... so it looks like alot of right click context menu stuff will have to replace ALT F4 etc...
                  I am getting one ASAP. Even matches my RX-8 interior, and will fit in the door pocket, AND, with the cover closed no worries of keys being hit, batteries running out, when it is stored away.... PLUS night-time backlit keys!!!! Beat me up and take my money! I will bring it in the house at night and use it with the PS3 too. May even sleep with it. F-ing awesome.

Comment

Keyboard on the way... yippie... My only concerns are still the lack of normal (F)unction keys, and the lack of an ALT key (EDIT: 'ALT' KEY HAS BEEN FOUND!!!)... hmmm might have to get a Optimus mini three to supplant this keyboard

Comment

Just arrived!

Comment

por favor, can ya take a pic of the keyboard beside the cd or a soda can or something.. just so i can reference its size
                        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Woah, thing is a beauty.. I noticed it has a USB dongle there. Do u need to have Bluetooth on your pc, or it comes with it already?

Comment

Wow that is beautiful. Could I make a small request? Right when your system boots, can you press "del" to see if you can scroll around in the bios to verify that this keyboard is usable even when windows it not loaded?

Comment

Here is a comparison size picture. You have to have Bluetooth on your PC, but if you don't have your own BT dongle, it comes with it's own. I have a linksys BT dongle in my car already, so I don't need the Logitech one, but it stows away in the back of the unit next to the battery when not being used.

Comment

Working...
                              X