Does this screen have a small cable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this screen have a small cable?

I am buying two Lilliput 7" EBY701 CAR PC Touch screen LCD VGA MONITORS. I know that the 15 inch screen I want to buy comes with a special cable so it does not have to use the thick VGA cable all the way through. Does the Lilliput have this smaller cable? These units will be for the sunvisors, and the cabling must be as thin as possable. I have seen pictures of the back of the Lilli, and it looks like it uses a standard VGA port. Can I buy somewhere a thinner VGA cable?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

good question... i am wondering the same too.

Comment

1 Lilli 701 cord coming right up.
      Phone shown to compare size. VGA unscrews. USB is built into this aswell.
      What is not shown is the 12v cord aswell.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok, so it looks like the VGA is long, but why did they make the RCA so short!!!!!!! I guess its no biggy though. Really appreciate it. These are going into my sunvisors so the cabling is going to be tricky.... Thankfully the area that holds sunvisors has a large opening........ Is the Cable length fairly long for the VGA? Also are you happy with the screen?

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
        4X MK808b
        3x Perixx Touchpads
        3x 7 inch Screens
        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Its not that bulky, because the VGA connection goes into a recessed area in the screen. So the actual size of the screen, IS the actually size of the whole unit. I will get some photos for you tomorrow and show you what i mean. The VGA connection cord would be about approx. 1m.

As for being happy with the screen. I think its great. BUT, i haven't installed it yet. So i can't really comment about how it is in the car.

Comment

I just hope they fit into the visors as a complete unit. I do not want to take them apart at all. Although I know I will probably have to do some type of fabing, which I will let some1 else do for me. I know ill mess it up, lol..... Is the touch screen acurate? I have a K-90 and its touch panel is so awkward, I had to make a button in Centrafuse to activate the configuration program because it would bug out so much. Although I think it may be my A/C, which has 2 vents on each side of the screen. If the touch panel is better in the Lilliput, you think I can switch the K-90 panel with the Lilliput?

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
            4X MK808b
            3x Perixx Touchpads
            3x 7 inch Screens
            1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
            X