Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Powering USB hub with sirius power adapter??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powering USB hub with sirius power adapter??

I need more usb ports on my carputer and i was wondering it its a good idea to power a usb hub with a sirius cig power adaper?? it is has 5v and 2amp output. Also what are people powering their Audigy 2 nx with?

No one has answer?

Comment

Assuming the plug is the right size and it delivers the same power output that the hub needs, it should work.

Comment

Does the hub or the audigy 2 nx need a regulated power supply like computer? or my sirius plug will work?

Comment

Considering you can power a monitor via a cig power adapter I would think either device could function fine that way.

Comment

I power two 7 port hubs this way. I simply took a cigarette lighter splitter, with 2 sockets on the end.... i cut one socket off, along with the wire. I then attached the 12v+ to the 12v+ on my PSU and the ground to the ground. The 2 adapters I bought have diffrent volt settings. For some reason, it does not have 5V. It has 4.5V, 6.0V and 6.5V. I simply left it on 4.5V and the hubs have never had any issues. I have over 13 devices connected.
            Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
            4X MK808b
            3x Perixx Touchpads
            3x 7 inch Screens
            1X 7 inch motorized Screen
            1x Win 7 PC

Comment

I just wired it up. will post the results over the weekend. Little off topic, but hijack what in the world do you use 13 usb ports for??

Comment

Originally posted by kickercivic1 View Post
                I just wired it up. will post the results over the weekend. Little off topic, but hijack what in the world do you use 13 usb ports for??
                LOL, I have alot of devices, I built my system to have a luxury feel to it, I want the people to have to reach or share as little as possable. One 7 port hub has, 3 wireless PS3 thumpad recievers, 1 3 in 1 wireless pointer reciever, which controls 3 of these units, then the last 3 are for 1 K-90 touch screen and 2 Lilliput touch screens. Then I have 1 bluetooth, 1 belkin 54G USB card, 1 Sprint Sierra card, ELM 327 scanner, Silabs radio, XM radio, 2 joysticks for game emulators, and also have other devices I havent got yet, like the TPMS system.
                Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                4X MK808b
                3x Perixx Touchpads
                3x 7 inch Screens
                1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
                X