intel 1.33 ghz mobo fast enough?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intel 1.33 ghz mobo fast enough?

Hi is the intel itx celeron 1.33ghz mobo fast enough for a carputer ? for running streetdeck etc ? i know games are out of the question , but for dvd playback i think it comes with sis graphics , or is the via 1.5 a much better board ?

I have a VIA 1.3ghz/w 512MB ram board and it works great. It can play videos and simple games. Haven't tried any advanced games yet. I use the RoadRunner(Free) with DigitalFX skin(Free). It can do navigation + music at the same time with no problem.
    2003 Nissan Xterra Worklog

Total amount spent so far: $1196.64

You will probably spend AT LEAST 2x what you initially budget for your CarPC Project!

2003 Nissan Xterra - Modifications

Comment

ive got one of them and is a great little board, throw 1GB of ram on it and its fine
      i use roadrunner and nRoute at the same time with no issues.

i did a standard install of win XP pro with sp2 initially and it runs well.
      i am going to do a reinstall with a stripped down version of XP (mostly drivers removed) when i finalise my install and finish tweaking software.

get the one with sata plugs if you think you may need that.
      and there is a version with a cpu fan, and without. get the one with a cpu fan

Comment

cheers guys its nice and cheap to lol thanks!

Comment

I guess I failed to mention I run TinyXP. Not sure how it does with full XP.
          2003 Nissan Xterra Worklog

Total amount spent so far: $1196.64

You will probably spend AT LEAST 2x what you initially budget for your CarPC Project!

2003 Nissan Xterra - Modifications

Comment

Originally posted by mrcgibb View Post
            Hi is the intel itx celeron 1.33ghz mobo fast enough for a carputer ? for running streetdeck etc ? i know games are out of the question , but for dvd playback i think it comes with sis graphics , or is the via 1.5 a much better board ?
            You may want to check the MP3CAR.com store first. I do not think the board is compatible with streetdeck. It is the video chipset that is the issue I believe.

I run 2 of these boards in my cars and they work great with every other frontend.
            The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Comment

Working...
            X