LS-372 CPU Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS-372 CPU Support

Does anyone know if other cpu's than T7100-7700 & L7500 are supported by the 965 Chipset on the LS-372 Motherboard from Commell ?

http://www.commell.com.tw/Product/SBC/LS-372.HTM

I have my LV-677DC Mini-ITX but i would like to do a new carpc with the ls-372 in the dash, and reuse the T2400 i have in my "old" mobo, to begin with.
    Not doing carpc anymore

Just got a reply from commell, it seems that Cel 550 will be supported.

Q:I am wondering if there is support for some of the older Core Duo mobile cpus, or only the T7100-7700 & L7700 ? I was thinking of using maybe a Celeron 440 or an older Core Duo T2400 CPU, will this be possible, maybe you could send a list of supported cpus ?
    A:Not support T2400,
    Support Celeron 550 for Intel GME965 chipset, refer website below:
    http://download.intel.com/design/int...hts/319219.pdf

Q:I would like to know if there is support for 800mhz memory modules ?
    A:YES

Q:How about the HDMI interface, does it also carry audio information, or is it only the DVI signal that is sent using HDMI ?
    A:It's only the DVI signal.

Q:Will there be a Wide voltage version available at some point, like the LS-371 ad LV-677DC ?
    A:Only 12V DC input.
    Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

That is good info. Commell hasn't responded to any of my emails.

I didn't know it could use 800MHz RAM...maybe I will upgrade.
      2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR In-Dash PC Project - WIP

Planning:
      [----------] 100%
      Purchasing:
      [----------] 90%
      Installation/Fab/Assembly (Revised v2):
      [----------] 90%

Comment

I wasn't able to find 800mhz SO-DIMM's here in denmark locally, but i must also admit that i wanted to be sure it would work, and since 800mhz is not listed in the specs i stayed with 667mhz instead.
        Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

I don't know if these guys ship internationally, but 26.99 USD after rebate is pretty cheap for 2GB 800MHz

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227250
          2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR In-Dash PC Project - WIP

Planning:
          [----------] 100%
          Purchasing:
          [----------] 90%
          Installation/Fab/Assembly (Revised v2):
          [----------] 90%

Comment

Thats a nice price, usually though shipping makes it more expensive than what i could find it locally for, i have not actually looked that hard, i could probably find it here also.
            Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Hey Dope,
              The LS372 will accept pretty much most Socket-P processors, which is the same as those used on the new laptops with Santa Rosa chipset (965)

The older 945 chipset supported Core Duo (Yonah), Core 2 Duo (Merom) processors on the Socket-M boards.

The pincount on both these processors are the same, but, there's one index-pin placed differently between the two socket-types, so they can't be used across the 2 platforms.

So basically the new Core 2 Duos will be T7100/T7300/T7500 etc, and the celeron variants, whereas the older ones will be T7200-T7800 and celeron variants.

Hoppe this helps a little
              F6 Tornado Project Log ; HP Blackbird Watercooled Server

Beta Tester for Centrafuse and 3dConnexion (No business affiliation with either)

Comment

Thanks, i already got a T7500 though :-) but good as a refence post i think, since the material on this board is very limited.
                Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Working...
                X