Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AOpen Motherboard i965GMT-LA

Dear all

Just received my new AOpen motherboard i965gmt-la from Logic Supply. This is the newest member of the MoDT family.

The prime reason for going with this board is

1. newer softbridge ICH8M
    2. integrated SPDIF support
    3. promised of LVDS and second VGA support.

This is the product picture on AOpen website

you can see the LVDS and LVDS-Inverter connectors at the bottom right of the board and VGA2 just below the Serial port backpanel connectors.

When I received my board, my heart sank.

This is the LVDS header, missing.

This is the VGA2 header, missing too

This is as annoying as it will get.

Any suggestion? I guess i can hardwire it but oh man, thats alot of soldering work.
    CarPC Ver 4 completed. Aopen i45GMT-HD, C2D mobile 2GHz. Photofast 64GB SSD. Novatel EU-850D

Here is my guess:

The silk screening on that motherboard shows 2 model numbers - the i965GMT-LA and i965GMT-BLA, which is odd. Likely a pic of a prototype. Which do you have? Many versions of motherboards are produced these days with different features added or removed to meet different price points. You may have got a "lower end" version without those headers.

Edit: I see you have the -LA version. Maybe it's the -BLA that includes the missing headers?

Comment

that's what i figured too. but there isn't a BLA version as far as i know. that blows really. i probably have to go down the hard wiring option for the VGA2.
      CarPC Ver 4 completed. Aopen i45GMT-HD, C2D mobile 2GHz. Photofast 64GB SSD. Novatel EU-850D

Comment

Working...
      X