USB to PCI adapter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB to PCI adapter

I know this question has been posted before but the keywords are so common its hard to search.
    I lost my PCI slot in my CarPC I am looking for a USB to PCI adapter does anyone know where can I find such a device?

Why not replace the PCI card with a USB version?
    eg USB video card, USB sound, etc.
    Never seen a USB device you could plug a PCI card into.
    Power might be a problem.
    MINI COOPER S PRO

Comment

Originally posted by Charly View Post
      I know this question has been posted before but the keywords are so common its hard to search.
      I lost my PCI slot in my CarPC I am looking for a USB to PCI adapter does anyone know where can I find such a device?
      It would be easier to "find" that PCI slot that you "lost". Hmmm, I know it must be around here somewhere? (LOL). The issues are power and speed. USB can't do what PCI can.
      ~Jimmy

Comment

Well I know I lost the PCI slot cause I had a card plugged in while I was working around that area and sparks came out from the card when the screwdriver touched it, the card in question is a PCI to PCMCIA adapter for my wireless card I went ahead and bought a new one and it doesnt work I tested it on my house computer and it works.
        I found a USB to PCMCIA adapter but it is $150.00 but maybe just a USB to PCI would be cheaper if I can find one.

Comment

dahhhhhhhh you are right Enforcer
          On another note does anyone has experience with the Valentine ONE, I got the cable and adapter from http://www.ttl2usb.com/ it connects but it doesnt really display the alerts, I tried V1VD and Software One both just display a line here and there just garbage, I am writing a script to parse the alerts recorded with the GPS coordinates and compare it againts a master list where I have all the locations of of bogus alerts and the band to silence the software automatically, any help is appreciated.

Comment

Might be cheaper to switch to a USB wireless device, or like enforcer said, a new mobo.
            ~Jimmy

Comment

Working...
            X