1Uish project box?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1Uish project box?

I know I've stumbled across 1Uish project boxes in my browsings, but I haven't been able to find them now that I'm actually searching for them. 1U (1.75") is as short as it could be, but I want it to be as close to that as possible, and as I haven't actually drawn anything up, im not sure the overall dimensions, but id say atleast a foot deep and 14" wide. Otherwise, plexiglass and particleboard here i come.
    -Nick

A true 1U rackmount is 17-17.5" wide. Try digi-key our mouser. I am rebuilding my home server into a 1U to fit in my rack and bought a bud 1U aluminum chassis for it from digi-key.

Comment

Yeah, I realize that a 1U case for a 19" rack is ~17", and a 1U server case is where my idea came from originally, but I can't have a case be any more than 16" deep, where most 1U cases are much deeper. Thanks for the advice, I'll see if I can find anything (and googling, I was able to find a true 1U project box, 11" deep, for $100, which is a bit pricey considering I dont need it to actually be a 1U unit, just similar.
      -Nick

Comment

Try www.digi-key.com or www.mouser.com. I order from both. My 1U case is 17 wide by 16 deep, but they have less deep as well. also if you want a case that doesn't no need to be rack mount that are a lot cheaper that way. Both digi and mouser have plenty.

Comment

Working...
        X