Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creatives new USB x-fi Surround 5.1 sound card.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creatives new USB x-fi Surround 5.1 sound card.

Interesting

Looking for a sound card for my Mac carputer, but it doesn't look like there is support for it. Anyone know if it would work out of the box with OSX, or do you think the drivers need to be hacked.

Does anyone have any reviews of this product? I'm looking for a low-end usb soundcard (w/ a couple of inputs). i like the fact that it's 5.1 (only need 2.1 at this moment) and has 2 input ports (for my xm and hd radio). My laptop onboard sound is barely cutting it.
    Thanks!

James

Comment

Originally posted by xelz View Post
      Does anyone have any reviews of this product? I'm looking for a low-end usb soundcard (w/ a couple of inputs). i like the fact that it's 5.1 (only need 2.1 at this moment) and has 2 input ports (for my xm and hd radio). My laptop onboard sound is barely cutting it.
      Thanks!

James
      Well it has two line inputs but one is mic which is probably mono and won't work properly.
      My 2007 Yukon XL setup. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...64-5000-a.html

Comment

thanks for the info! that leads me to another question. would i be able to use the line in on my onboard sound card, and output it to the usb sound card? i know some people on this board has already successfully installed 2 sound cards, but i couldn't find any mention of adding an additional sound card for additional inputs. Thanks!

James

Comment

has anyone tried with cpu lower than required... wanted to use on my q1 800 mhz
          [------|-] 95% computer... is it ever really done?

www.vehicross.info for all you VXer's

Comment

Could someone tell me the physical specs on this?
            Is it creditcard size or?
            If you can't drive a stick... You can't drive!

Comment

thread's a bit dead but i thought i'd throw in my 0.02 for posterity.

Originally posted by Angel_OD View Post
              Could someone tell me the physical specs on this?
              Is it creditcard size or?
              The unit is about 3x5" It has 2 rca outs for front and 3.5mm outs for rear and center/sub, as well as an optical out. The sound quality is great, especially with the crystalizer.

The only problem I'm having with the unit right now is that it's making my BIOS post about 45 seconds slower. I'm hoping I'll be able to get that worked out soon.
              plan [xxxxx-----]
              acquire[xx--------]
              construct[----------]
              install[----------]

Comment

how does this one compare to the audigy 2 nx?

Comment

Originally posted by xrebel21 View Post

The unit is about 3x5" It has 2 rca outs for front and 3.5mm outs for rear and center/sub, as well as an optical out. The sound quality is great, especially with the crystalizer.

The only problem I'm having with the unit right now is that it's making my BIOS post about 45 seconds slower. I'm hoping I'll be able to get that worked out soon.
                  Thanks for the info x-rebel.

Comment

Originally posted by xrebel21 View Post

I have the sound blaster audigy 2nx. It works okay, but it takes like 45sec- 1minute to boot when hooked up. 25 sec without it hooked up. I think Im going to go with the new intel media board that has good onboard audio. Hate external soundcards.
                    https://www.facebook.com/hinnantdesign1

Comment

Working...
                    X