Clear All

• All-electronic flash drive and solid state hard drive

BiTMICRO® Networks E-Disk® ATA/IDE products deliver an
    all-electronic flash drive and solid state hard drive solution for
    data storage and protection while providing the powerful
    performance and speed today's data-intensive applications
    demand. They feature FlashBus™ storage technology to speed
    performance, eliminate system bottlenecks, and offer durable,
    plug and play data storage for easy installation and start-up.

E-Disk® all-electronic IDE/ATA solid state hard disk drive and
    flash drive solutions require no device drivers for installation and operation, do not need hard disk drive, battery back-up nor UPS for data storage non-volatility, and boast I/O rates of up to 25,000 IOPS, greater than 110 MB per second sustained read and write data transfer rates, up to 133 MB per second burst data rate, and capacities up to 34 GB and 155 GB in 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch HDD form factors respectively.

http://www.bitmicro.com/products_edide.html
    2004 F350 Ext. Cab
    System not reinstalled in it yet

these seem to be faster than the sandisk flash drives. DOes anyone know where you can buy one?
    sv24, 733mhz celeron, 80gig hd, 5.6" MA Audio tft, x10 remote, RF Keyboard.

Comment

It also seems to be EXTREMELY durable as compared to other solid state memroy devices.
      aka Kumaneko
      "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
      Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
      mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
      Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

I requested a price list. This afternoon.

I have a feeling they are going to be expensive, but I will let everyone know when I find out.
        2004 F350 Ext. Cab

Comment

I got a call today for them.
          As a reseller it looks like I can get these for less than $2 a MB. The larger the drive the better the price, but it will not be less than $1 a MB
          In the 2.5" form factor then sell them drives from 128MB to 17GB.

If anyone wants more info I can email it to you.
          2004 F350 Ext. Cab

Comment

So you're saying that the 17GB disk will be about $17,000? Ouch!

Comment

they seem like a great idea, but the cost is insanely prohibitive. Even if you wanted to do a base windows install on one and then use a HD for the rest, you're looking at what, $256 for the 128MB card? That can get you several 40GB *laptop* drives...

Do you know the power specs on those?
              IN DEVELOPMENT -- '96 Mustang, lilliput with PII/450 laptop, custom DC-DC power supply, 60GB; Garmin GPS; 802.11g; compact keyboard, small graphical LCDs, OBDII.

Comment

This isn't really intended for home (car) users I think. and the pricing seems about right compared to other solid state memory, no ?
                aka Kumaneko
                mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation

Comment

yeah the pricing seems about right.

actually I think that these are designed for rugged in-the-field use, so a car would fit right in with the intentions for use.

too bad it's so $$$y
                  IN DEVELOPMENT -- '96 Mustang, lilliput with PII/450 laptop, custom DC-DC power supply, 60GB; Garmin GPS; 802.11g; compact keyboard, small graphical LCDs, OBDII.

Comment

DOC (DiskOnChip) modules can be had for as little as $100 for 144mb. My only concern was getting WinXP small enough to fit on it.

Comment

Are DOCs as fast as the SanDisk Flashdrives? Can you get a 500mb DOC? I have found the SanDisk drives pretty cheap on ebay.
                      sv24, 733mhz celeron, 80gig hd, 5.6" MA Audio tft, x10 remote, RF Keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Telek
                        yeah the pricing seems about right.

actually I think that these are designed for rugged in-the-field use, so a car would fit right in with the intentions for use.

too bad it's so $$$y
                        What I mean is that I don't think it's supposed to be a consumer product. Most likely designed for industrial and governmental applications.
                        aka Kumaneko

Comment

I found a few out there.. I just haven't gotten any replies back asking if it hard any write limitations like CF cards do..

This one seems like the best price so far..
                          512meg for $211.15
                          http://www1.dealtime.com/xPO-Simple_..._STI_FLD25_512
                          www.DurangoSUV.com

Comment

Working...
                          X