No announcement yet.

Video Output Options

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Output Options

I'm looking to build a fairly basic and inexpensive car pc to handle the typical duties such as navigation, music, obd, etc. The ability to capture video would be nice but not a necessity.

Space is not an issue as I could easily fit a full ATX board in the storage compartment I will be using.

I'm game to jump on board with the D201GLY2 however, a video output for a rear seat monitor is mandatory, and the D201GLY2 lacks this.

Would my best option be to go with the D201GLY2 and add a video card that would provide a video output (I think I have one from an old PC), or is there another option that would work better?

I've considered some other options but am having a hard time figuring out what the power requirements would be, and this plays in with cost/performance vs the D201GLY2.

Any comments, suggestions, or links to places where these questions are already answered are appreciated.

Maybe a critique of my question? To stupid to have asked, or to deep to answer?

Video cards do tend to burn up some power........

Number of motherboards available with multiple video outputs - mine has VGA and HDMI, only using the VGA so far but wanted the second just in case I do decide to get another video screen, it is a microATX board
      If anyone gives me a rev - I give them the Bird

Almost all the via boards I have seen have VGA and TV out. The M10k I had, had a VGA Out, S-Video Out, and RCA Video Out all onboard and the whole thing draws less than 25W with RAM installed and all.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the Store

the 201gly2a has an s-video port. at least i believe thats the version number that has one.
 Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
          Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
          Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Thanks for the responces. I'll focus on boards with video outputs.