Car CD as CD-ROM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car CD as CD-ROM

This might be a dumb question (might?) but I was wondering if a car's CD player could be used by the carputer as a CD drive to rip audio CD's to MP3's. As I said, it might be a dumb question but I' mjust curious.
    Thanks in advance
    Flash!

Pioneer Car Single CD headunits DEH-P90HDD

anything is possible if you have the funds to drive your desires.

Here's a cool Pioneer deck that has the following features if you wanted a indash cd ripper:Was: 2,100.00 Sale: 1,465.34
    Pioneer Headunit
    -10GB HDD (Hard Disc Drive) Built-in
    -ATRAC3 Compression with 132kbps/105kbps recording modes can store up to 200 CD's of music
    -Record digitally from built-in CD player (real-time ripping speed)
    -Custom Playlists ,Up to 6 User-created Custom Playlists
    -Auxiliary Input (CD-RB10 or CD-RB20 required)
    -2 Display Modes (alternate screen layouts)
    Form 1 includes 32-character text display capability
    Form 2 includes 2 lines of 24-character text display capability

-Please note that Audio Impact will not be processing any orders until December 7, 2002.
    GTI - Palm IIIe controlled with Radio faceplate hack for keyboard control of WinAmp w/ Vocal Genre playlist loading.
    VW Bus - 10.4" vga lcd. Loaded with same software as above.

Comment

Analog, yes. Digital, no. Even with analog, everything would be manual (ie. you hit "record" on your MP3 player, then "play" on the CD player...next track would be the same).
      Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
      Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
      "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Ok, thanks for your answers. I've been thinking about maybe putting a CD-Rom drive in the dash anyway, they're about the same size as a cd player, just without the pretty light show.

Comment

Working...
        X