Engine Noise!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Noise!!

Help. I have been struggling with this for a while and tried a couple wiring changes. Could a couple of you that have solved help me a little?

I am getting a high pitched whine sound through my speakers with the following wiring setup. Imagine it could be a simple fix, but looking for some expertise vs, just trying a dozen different ideas.

Take a look and let me know.

Thank you!

Originally posted by techgeek3 View Post
    Help. I have been struggling with this for a while and tried a couple wiring changes. Could a couple of you that have solved help me a little?

I am getting a high pitched whine sound through my speakers with the following wiring setup. Imagine it could be a simple fix, but looking for some expertise vs, just trying a dozen different ideas.

Take a look and let me know.

Thank you!

If you have those grounds tied together and run to the battery, you will need a very thick cable.

For the line level inputs into the amp (from the PC), is the signal shielded?

I just solved my engine whine recently, but am still battling a high pitched noise (not engine noise).

Try isolating the power supply case from the PC case. This solved 99% of my noise.

Comment

My PSU is right next to my MoBo with no issues. I have a heavy alternator and even though I followed grounding everything to a T, I still have engine whine. My first install was sloppy, but the 2nd install I was very careful and still ended up with engine whine. The more devices you have, the more chances you are going to have engine whine. I solved mine with GLIs' (Ground Loop Isolators), havent had any interferance since.

To PHUZ: It sounds like that high pitch noise could be your HDD.... Have you tried moving that?
      Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1X 7 inch motorized Screen
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Position of the wire also helps. Don't put the power-cable and the audio wire next to each other. Make sure your power cable is thick enough
        Cold weather mobo list: Copy the list and add your board
        my hidden screen in action (youtube) , the worklog , RR Volvoskin

Comment

Working...
        X